+ Reply to Thread
Page 37 of 39 FirstFirst ... 27282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Fridays)

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Fridays)

I found it very interesting that in the opening scene with the bald man in black that he was really an alien wearing a rubber human suit.
    I also found that interesting. Where are The Men in Black when you need them?
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Daisy annoys me with her attitude thinking she is always right that she has the right answer to everything without really knowing the lay of the land. She should not be in survival mode so much as scouting mode and gathering intelligence in a stealthy manner. Jemma is almost the intellectual version of Daisy.

Totally luv all of Mac and Yo Yo alien movie comments.
    No goat killers on my island.

Season 5 Episode 3 "A Life Spent" - December 8, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents....D._(season_5)

In preparation for Lady Basha's arrival, Simmons is given the task of helping an inhuman champion control her abilities for a special ceremony. Simmons is successful but becomes distraught when Kasius sells his champion to Lady Basha. While the team adapt to their new jobs, Grill becomes suspicious of the new arrivals and sends one of his men to spy on them. During a space expedition, Coulson, May, Mack, and Tess struggle to make sense of Virgil's notebook and discover a radio transmission supposedly originating from the Earth's surface. Grillís spy reports back, only to be framed as a traitor and exiled to die on Earth. Meanwhile, Yo-Yo helps Johnson get ahold of a Kree tablet to try and save Simmons. However, her mission is thwarted by Deke, who reports her to Kasius. Johnson is captured and taken to become his new champion.

Daisy's know it all attitude still continues to annoy and lands her in well deserved trouble.

Coulson, May, Mac, and Yo Yo are playing smart and getting the lay of the land like good intelligence agents should. Are there folks on the surface of the Earth of hidden elsewhere?

Inhumans can't seem to get away from them but at least on this series the show runners do a good job showcasing them and their abilities.

FYI:

The first pod of the season was informally referred to by the production team as S.H.I.E.L.D. in Space. Ahead of the season premiere, executive producer Maurissa Tancharoen said that "every year we reset the series, and this year we definitely knew that it would be the most giant reset to date [with the characters going to space]. Just creatively across the board for everyone, art direction, all of it, our sets, youíll see an overhaul." On the move to space, Whedon commented, "Last year was about tearing everybody apart. We spent a lot of time doing that ... So our goal this year was... putting [this] family together in an intense situation [that] will end up causing drama internally, inevitably.... we've spent this many years with them, let's throw them on the craziest roller coaster adventure we could think of."

Season 5 Episode 4 "A Life Earned" - December 15, 2017

Adjusting to her new circumstances, Johnson meets Ben, one of Kasius’ other champions, capable of telepathy. Using Ben to corroborate their story, Kasius interrogates Johnson and Simmons about the others. Johnson, Simmons, and Ben are able to convince Kasius they came alone, though he remains suspicious. During the interrogation, Ben learns that Kasius intends to destroy the station and everyone on it once he acquires enough profits to leave. Deke returns to the others to gather new information as they learn about the mysterious Level 35. When Coulson shows him the radio transmission, Deke agrees to get them onto the restricted floor. There, they discover that Kasius is attempting to breed inhumans. May also discovers Deke lied about Johnson's whereabouts, but get interrupted by Sinara's arrival. Coulson leaves with Deke, while May fights her alone. Deke reveals the man on the radio transmission is his father and wishes to help the team. Meanwhile, Grill sends Mack to confront someone who owes him payment. Later, as the bidders arrive for the ceremony, Fitz is revealed to be among them.
    I rewatched episodes 1, 2, and 3 earlier in the week so it was a smooth transition to episode 4. I am liking the story so far but I wonder why none of the team really gives Deke a chance to explain the history and political situation of the place. The team can't impose it's knowledge/experience of how things worked on Earth when they lived there as that does not exist at this moment and the humans they are dealing with were raised in a totally foreign methodology and history. Still I do like that the story is going forward at at good speed and is not wallowing in circles.

Nice to have characters who don't get with the program or don't really understand what is going on in regards to the new Inhuman that reads minds.

Liked the fight between May and killer Kree lady.

Looking forward to next week and to see what Fitz does.

Season 5 Episode 5 "Rewind" - December 22, 2017

Shortly after the others are taken from the diner, Fitz is taken into military custody and interrogated about their whereabouts, including the assassination attempt on General Talbot, and deaths of Jeffrey Mace and Holden Radcliffe. For the next six months, Fitz is given special privileges that would hopefully allow him to locate the team but fails. With help from Lance Hunter, Fitz escapes the military facility and tracks down Enoch, the man who took the others. Enoch explains that a prophecy foretold these events and takes them to meet Robin, the daughter of Charles from Spacetime, who can also tell the future but through drawings. Tracked by the military, Enoch helps them escape to a secret bunker, where Fitz learns that he was left behind so he could save the team. Determined to help them, Fitz and Hunter break back into the same military facility to obtain a cryogenic pod. In the warehouse, they find all their old S.H.I.E.L.D. tech, including the Zephyr, which they use to escape. Back in the secret bunker, Fitz is put to sleep for the next 74 years and is awoken by Enoch, who prepares him for their arrival at the Lighthouse.
    Nice to see what happened to Fitz. Great to see Lance again. Great to see a genuine hug between men versus the kinda fake bro hug. Luv'ed the Star Wars reference from Lance to Fitz right before he was frozen.

I think there might be an underlying plot with the female commander attempting to gather Robyn as a asset. I would not be surprised if various military factions are gathering Inhumans as weapons and that is what tears the world apart.

Luv the Man in Black - Enoch.

Per Google: Enoch means
    The name Enoch is a Hebrew baby name. In Hebrew the meaning of the name Enoch is: Dedicated, trained.
    . That applies as he is basically a trained observer/anthropologist and has been on Earth for 30,000 yrs. That is dedication.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Finally, an episode I could relate to...why didn't they show this one first as it leads into the capture into the future? Opening with the future and no earth was very confusing for me.
    Bearcata likes this.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I luv'ed it and watched a second time. I don't mind waking up to a mystery and I thought it was brilliant story telling and a smart scheduling to air this episode right before the holidays, truly brilliant. I am now all excited and eager to see what happens next.
    Arielflies and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Season 5 Episode 6 - "Fun & Games" - January 5, 2018

Down in the station, the Kree have harvested some of the youth for an unscheduled Terrigenesis ceremony. Flint, a friend of Tess, experiences a successful Terrigenesis and is taken into hiding with the team by Yo-Yo. Tess is killed and hanged for Flint's disappearance. During a dinner with the other bidders, Fitz quickly proves himself as a formidable character, earning Kasius' respect. The first exhibition is then held between Ben and May, resulting in May being sent to the surface, while Ben is killed for lying during Johnson's interrogation. Meanwhile, Grill finds the team and holds them captive, until Flint saves them using geokinesis against Grill, killing him. The unexpected arrival of Kasius' brother prompts Sinara to battle Johnson for her exhibition. During which, Johnson, Fitz, and Simmons are able to subdue the others and escape.

Clark Gregg/Agent Coulson directed this episode.

Nice to see Fitz in the future playing a bad guy. To be honest he was more menacing in the Framework.

Nice fight scenes.

Fitz talking to Jemma and pouring out his heart while she didn't even know he was there and also could not hear him was funny as was the running marriage proposal.

OMG, Jemma cut Kasius's throat.

I thought maybe someone was spying on the team since that scene with them talking to Flint was taken from one of the upper walkways.

Season 5 Episode 7 - "Together or Not at All" - January 12, 2018

Johnson, Fitz, and Simmons are hunted throughout the station and discover the station is being sustained by gravitonium. Fitz gets shot during the chase. Deke finds them and takes them to the rest of the team. Reunited, the team plot their escape to the Earth’s surface by using a trawler and Deke’s antigravity device. After learning about Tess’ death, Flint decides to stay on the station to protect the remaining inhabitants. Mack and Yo-Yo agree to stay behind and help him. Coulson, Johnson, Fitz, Simmons, and Deke fly to the surface, but get caught in the gravity storm. Meanwhile, Kasius kills his brother and plots to regain his father’s acceptance by recapturing Johnson with help from Sinara. On the surface, Enoch finds May, but their meeting is cut short by the approaching storm. A mysterious figure takes them to safety, where they are greeted by an elderly Robin.

I like how they will have a running gag/plot through out the episode in this case Fitz and Simmons marriage proposals to each other.

Mack, Yo Yo and Flint an interesting little family group.

The Aha Moment - meeting Robin the Seer (now much older) and her carved robin.

Luv the Sinara - Kasius partnership, lots of layers and much is conveyed by Sinara's body movement, and eyes and very little dialog.

Season 5 Episode 8 - "The Last Day" - January 19, 2018

Coulson, Johnson, Fitz, Simmons, and Deke survive the crash and reunite with May in the Zephyr. Up on the Lighthouse, Kasius punishes the inhabitants by cutting off their resources. Flint, Mack, and Yo-Yo go to retrieve the weapons hidden by Fitz and discover Kasius has released the Vrellnexians onto the lower levels. They defeat the Vrellnexians and rescue the remaining inhabitants. On the surface, the team struggle to get answers from Robin and find a machine built into the Zephyr. While Fitz and Simmons attempt to remove Daisy’s inhibitor, May and Coulson find a shard of the time monolith in Voss’ locker. Deke questions Voss about the shard, which belonged to his parents, and gets knocked out. Voss then tries to kill Daisy and impales Robin to prevent her from giving the team answers. Before dying, Robin is comforted by May as she reveals their history and finally tells May how to save the world, which requires Flint. In the past, May is shown taking care of Robin and encouraging Fitz to build his machine so they can travel through time.
    Interesting, some recaps are suggesting a time loop, I am not sure maybe two time lines. Although everyone seems to blame Daisy/Quake for the Earth being destroyed maybe it was Flint as his is an earth based power, or maybe the solar system simply drifted into an area of space full of gravity storms? I am wondering if Deke is Fritz and Jemma's grandson???

+ Reply to Thread