+ Reply to Thread
Page 36 of 39 FirstFirst ... 2627282930313233343536373839 LastLast
Like Tree75Likes

Thread: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Fridays)

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Tuesdays)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post
    They left Coulson in what looks to be an undersea chamber and yet I hear about outer space adventures. Do you think they will discover Attilan and interact with the Inhumans there?
    It was a room in a space station.
    Arielflies likes this.
    No goat killers on my island.

Sidebar:

Inhumans - 8 episode limited TV series

I finished watching the series. It is amazing that a studio like Marvel that has had 17 very successful films, TV series such as The Agents of
    SHIELD, Agent Carter that had interesting characters, great production values, and good story lines, can so produce a series that makes Xena, The Warrior Princes and Hercules, The Legendary Journeys look as if they more than qualify for an Oscar. This was just sad. What happened? There are no more good writers, or showrunners out there? Was Marvel not looking after this series? Why waste the time and money? It makes no sense.

OTOH the trailer for start of The Agents of SHIELD looks fantastic.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Sidebar:

Inhumans - 8 episode limited TV series

I finished watching the series. It is amazing that a studio like Marvel that has had 17 very successful films, TV series such as The Agents of
    SHIELD, Agent Carter that had interesting characters, great production values, and good story lines, can so produce a series that makes Xena, The Warrior Princes and Hercules, The Legendary Journeys look as if they more than qualify for an Oscar. This was just sad. What happened? There are no more good writers, or showrunners out there? Was Marvel not looking after this series? Why waste the time and money? It makes no sense.
    See my post on the Fall 2017 thread.

Scott Buck was the showrunner for this limited tv series, he is also the showrunner for Netflix's Iron Fist. This explains so much. Iron Fist sucks, Inhumans sucks, Scott Buck made both shows suck.

You know what was so stupid about some of the plot? Supposedly there were only about 1,400 Inhumans in Attilan, non of the regular guards seem to have powers, the Royal Family supposedly cares deeply about the Inhumans yet between episode 9 and 10 Triton must have killed between 20 and 30 guards. Talk about reducing a gene pool drastically. How in the thousands of years the Inhumans have avoided inbreeding is a miracle. What no forced marriages to keep the bloodlines and genetic material strong?

I also liked the fact the Inhumans over came the gravity difference between the earth and the moon.
    Arielflies and short_lived like this.

Season 5 starts with a 2 hour premiere this Friday, December 1, 2017.
    Arielflies and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Re: Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D (ABC, Fridays)

There is a 17 minute trailer out on Youtube for season 5.
    Arielflies likes this.

American Idol Deluxe Arielflies's Avatar

Uh...they are doing the Matrix again, but in the not so far future. Is the whole point of this season to undo what Quake had done in the recent past?

I think they used some of the old set in that the hallway, with the windows looked the same, only dirtier. Interesting how they could all still breathe even with a hole in the outer shell. So, the blue man crew is still messing with humanity...they must hate Quake since she destroyed the earth and they couldn't invade. Maybe that is why the time warp. Anyway - as Simmons said, good thing Fitz isn't there as he would go nuts with all the retro kitsch.

Judgement reserved, but I did grin at the nod to the first Avengers film and the silent meal after saving the world (once again). Oh, and the nod to The Inhumans with someone asking Coulson, when they were trying to figure out where they were, if earth hadn't developed a colony on the moon. Oh, and, Coulson left his mechanized hand at home, which will take away some of their firepower. Hampered and outwitted, how will they survive in this post-apoplectic world?
    Last edited by Arielflies; 12-02-2017 at 11:04 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I wouldn't necessarily blame it all on Quake after all the Kree have destroyed all the records and no one has clear idea what happened.

Season 5

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents....D._(season_5)

The fifth season of the American television series Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D., based on the Marvel Comics organization S.H.I.E.L.D. (Strategic Homeland Intervention, Enforcement, and Logistics Division), revolves around the character of Phil Coulson and other S.H.I.E.L.D. agents and allies as they try to save humanity while in deep space. It is set in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU), sharing continuity with the films of the franchise. The season is produced by ABC Studios, Marvel Television, and Mutant Enemy Productions, with Jed Whedon, Maurissa Tancharoen, and Jeffrey Bell serving as showrunners.

The season was ordered in May 2017. Alongside Clark Gregg, who reprises his role as Coulson from the film series, principal cast members Ming-Na Wen, Chloe Bennet, Iain De Caestecker, Elizabeth Henstridge, and Henry Simmons return from previous seasons, while Natalia Cordova-Buckley is promoted to the principal cast after appearing in a recurring role since season three. Due to its broadcast schedule, the season was split into two "pods", the first of which saw the S.H.I.E.L.D. team transported to deep space in the future.

The fifth season began airing on December 1, 2017, and is set to run for 22 episodes.

per TV.com - Free Full Episodes, Clips, Show Info and TV Listings Guide Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. - Episode Guide - TV.com

Orientation (Part One)
    Episode 1
    12/1/17

Coulson and his team find themselves aboard a mysterious outpost in space, and slowly unravel the mystery of where--and when--that they are.
    Orientation (Part Two)
    Episode 2
    12/1/17

Aboard the outpost, the team is separated. Jemma meets the outpost's leader, while Coulson cuts a deal to protect his people from the guards.

Season 5 Episode 1 & 2 - "Orientation" - December 1, 2017

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Agents....D._(season_5)

Leaving Leo Fitz behind, Phil Coulson, Melinda May, Daisy Johnson, Jemma Simmons, Alphonso "Mack" MacKenzie, and Yo-Yo Rodriguez are taken by an unknown group and transported to a space station through a monolith. Upon arrival, the team are heralded by Virgil, who dies soon after. They quickly regroup and meet Deke, who reveals that the space station was built nearly ninety years prior. Hoping to send a message back to Earth, May and Simmons steal a spacecraft only to discover it is no longer habitable and appears to have been torn apart by a cataclysmic event. At the same time, Coulson discovers that the monolith not only transported them through space, but also through time. Elsewhere, Mack and Yo-Yo are held captive by the Kree, who maintain control on the station by encouraging bloodshed among its inhabitants. Back in the station, the team attempt to blend in by agreeing to work for Grill and meet Tess, who saves them during the Renewal. Coulson goes with Tess to learn more about Virgil's message and finds a hidden notebook. Meanwhile, Simmons is taken to meet Kasius, the Kree leader of the space station, and is inducted as one of his servants. Later on, Johnson confronts Deke in his framework simulation, where he reveals she is the reason the Earth was torn apart.

I used both sets of summaries as technically the premiere is listed as two episodes and it is worth the trouble to see how they split out.

I found it very interesting that in the opening scene with the bald man in black that he was really an alien wearing a rubber human suit.

+ Reply to Thread