+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 49 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast
Like Tree354Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

Just started watching this weeks episode.....

Nice little touch at the beginning of the episode with the painting Red was looking at. When he said something about it belonging in a museum in Boston, I paused and looked closer. Pretty sure they meant it to be Rembrandt's Storm on the Sea of Galilee, which was stolen from the Gardner Museum in 1990.
    Last edited by Critical; 10-30-2013 at 06:20 AM.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Critical, thanks for the history behind the painting. I love little inside jokes like that in shows where the writers bring real life events into the plot, even if so subtle most of us don't get it .

I need Tom to be an agent of some sort (good or bad, doesn't matter to me) because I want whatever Red feels for Lizzie to be genuine. If he's making things up about Tom that aren't true I'd be upset, and so I need Red to be right. I know that's twisted logic but there you have it, lol. It's possible Red doesn't know himself if Tom is a good or bad agent. Maybe Tom met and fell in love with Lizzie and has been trying to go straight and hiding behind his teacher persona. Also interesting that the female baddie in this episode (who was faux Amanda in Revenge) had a box just like Tom's with money and passports.
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 10-30-2013 at 09:24 AM.
    Kip and Duckyface like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Any thoughts on whether Tom is good or bad? Believe him or believe Red. Interesting.
    I cannot make my mind. Who was watching him at the end? There is something about him I don't trust, but I really really want to . I somehow trust Red.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Tom works for someone that's apparent. I assume whomever is watching Lizzie and Tom's house is watching to figure out Tom, not her. Problem is, I really like Tom, so I hope that whomever he works for, he turns out to be a good guy. One things for sure, we are going to get a lot of backstory at some point because these plans surrounding Lizzie appear to have been in place for many years.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I finally watched this episode...

I think Red is the person behind bugging Tom and Lizzie's home because he wants to protect Lizzie. His concern for Lizzie is genuine and I think he's her father. I also believe his opinions about Tom are correct. (Darn it.) It will probably make a much better show if Red is correct.

That said, I like Tom and want him to be a "good" guy in the end. However, I think this actor would do an outstanding job of playing a deeply deranged bad guy.

Anybody else think Lizzie's fellow worker...(The guy who has worked on the job for seven years and is obviously jealous of Lizzie)...could end up being a guy who's working against the USA??

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    I finally watched this episode...

I think Red is the person behind bugging Tom and Lizzie's home because he wants to protect Lizzie. His concern for Lizzie is genuine and I think he's her father. I also believe his opinions about Tom are correct. (Darn it.) It will probably make a much better show if Red is correct.

That said, I like Tom and want him to be a "good" guy in the end. However, I think this actor would do an outstanding job of playing a deeply deranged bad guy.

Anybody else think Lizzie's fellow worker...(The guy who has worked on the job for seven years and is obviously jealous of Lizzie)...could end up being a guy who's working against the USA??
    We seem to come up with a lot of the same plot possibilities, Tilden, here and on White Collar. I've wondered about this guy for a while now. It could be he just doesn't like "rookies" having power, but it would not surprise me if there were more to it than that.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I kind of thought that the co worker seemed to have interest in Lizzie, protecting her. He seems to watch out for her.

I don't think Red is her father. I think he definitely has a connection to her though possibly as an uncle.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I would like to think Red being her father would be too obvious. I think they are setting up some chemistry with the co worker guy too. I think once she finds out her husband isn't what he seems then there will be a love interest developing there.

FORT Fogey

I just can't see her and the co-worker together in that way. Looks like next week we're going to see something about her father, or at least the man she thinks is her father. True, it would be so obvious for Red to be her real father, but maybe that's what they want us to think, that surely they would not pull something that obvious, to throw us off. I don't know ... he sure seems genuinely concerned about her and at times looks like he really wants to express some kind of overt fatherly affection. It's also interesting that they cast as Lizzie an actress who does bear enough of a resemblance to Spader ... shape of face, lips, eyes ... to be his daughter. And wow, these writers sure know how to end an episode leaving me wanting more!

I agree that it would be way too obvious for Red to be her father UNLESS the one she believe to be her real father adopted her. He might have been a friend or relative of Red. Red might have at some point decided that he didn't want his girl raised in the lifestyle he chose and gave her to the other one to raise.

Or, Red's wife ran away with the other man after learning about what Red does for living. I'm just throwing out some suppositions here because something has to account for what Red said about having raised his family in the house he blew up.

In any case, I find this show riveting and like AlwaysVeg it leave me wanting more.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread