+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 46 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I hope he's a good guy, so count me on team...husband...too! What is his name? I'm wondering if maybe Red had something to do with Beth's father's death, or him turning into a criminal or something so Red feels guilty, or responsible for her. But then, why would Red feel guilty about anyone's death? . Maybe Beth's father was his little brother or something - someone he was supposed to protect and didn't?

His name is Ray( I think) and I like your idea of who Red is .
    I just love how calm Red is. Spader plays his part so well
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by jafo View Post
    Did NOT watch last nights yet...but back to Ep #2:

Did Elizabeth's HAIR get DARKER between Ep1 and Ep2?With all that stuff going on....terrorists, house demo, hubby etc...she went out and got her hair did??? Hmmmmm.

The pilot for this show was probably filmed months and months ago. Many pilots never get picked up after filming but this one did. The actress playing Elizabeth probably thought nothing of dying her hair once filming was wrapped up. Many times I see changes from other pilots too.
    Punkin, Florimel and Jaceegirl like this.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    His name is Ray( I think) and I like your idea of who Red is .
    I just love how calm Red is. Spader plays his part so well
    So agree Fanny about Spader. He is always calm, cool and collected. I couldn't remember the husband's name either so glad that you did.

I hope he's a good guy, so count me on team...husband...too! What is his name? I'm wondering if maybe Red had something to do with Beth's father's death, or him turning into a criminal or something so Red feels guilty, or responsible for her. But then, why would Red feel guilty about anyone's death? . Maybe Beth's father was his little brother or something - someone he was supposed to protect and didn't?
    katydid I like that we can be Team Husband and your thoughts about Red are similar to what I was thinking. Maybe Beth's father was killed by accident in one of Red's earlier dealings. My son said he thought Red may be the uncle as well. Love all the different scenarios people come up with.

FORT Fogey

Maybe the man who Elizabeth thinks is her father is not, and Red is. We haven't heard anything about her mother (as far as I recall), so maybe she and Red were lovers, and he had to leave on a mission or something, either never knowing at the time his GF was pregnant, or not being able to marry her, so she married someone else -- the man Lizzie thinks is her father, who may or may not have been a friend of Red's. Perhaps Red asked his friend to marry her so the child would have a father. Just guessing!

Any thoughts on whether Tom is good or bad? Believe him or believe Red. Interesting.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

I've been watching the extras on On Demand and they aren't yet saying. My guess is he's bad because it makes for a better story. I don't think there are any spoilers below, but I'll put it in tags just in case.

Click to see Spoiler:
    They did say that Elizabeth is supposed to feel as if she's totally alone with no safe place to be and that we don't really know if anyone is good or bad yet. They also said that the character who was with Red when he initially turned himself in will prove to be very important.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think the husband has to be bad in the end. Red does seem to genuinely care for Elizabeth. Maybe part of what motivated him to come out of the woodwork was finding out Elizabeth had married a bad man.

Spader is excellent in his role and the show has enough twists and turns to make it interesting, but not confusing, so it keeps me coming back excited to watch each week and try to figure out the mysteries.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I think the husband has to be bad in the end. Red does seem to genuinely care for Elizabeth. Maybe part of what motivated him to come out of the woodwork was finding out Elizabeth had married a bad man.

Spader is excellent in his role and the show has enough twists and turns to make it interesting, but not confusing, so it keeps me coming back excited to watch each week and try to figure out the mysteries.
    I had to record it last night, I am excited to see it
    -Andy Rooney-

Florimel and Duckyface - I am also leaning toward bad Tom. Now I will have to go rewatch the premiere episode to check
    out the last sentence in your spoiler tag, Florimel.

Fanny Mare - Hurry up and watch it! I am interested to hear what you think.
    Duckyface likes this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Florimel and Duckyface - I am also leaning toward bad Tom. Now I will have to go rewatch the premiere episode to check
    out the last sentence in your spoiler tag, Florimel.

Fanny Mare - Hurry up and watch it! I am interested to hear what you think.
    Okay I love your avatar btw
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread