Like Tree330Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

Oh yeah. I can barely tolerate not being able to FF. lol
    biggbaddgirl likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Exactly. I'm going to give it another shot, but I don't enjoy watching the FBI special tasks force that handle the worst of the worst, conduct themselves like keystone cops. They appear to be very incompetent. That annoys me. After that whole debacle on the bridge and they still don't wise up. The Spader character is obsessed with her. She is the center of everything, however, she strolls home with no security, no backup, no checking on her home to make sure it's safe. Just mindless, IMO.
    There are other problems, I won't go into. Still, I like the actress playing the lead. She's good and I love James Spader. I just don't know if I can tolerate him being a god who knows all, sees all, and can do all things and the cops are completely helpless and blind fools. That premise was in The Following and I quickly had to let that one go.
    I forgot, Debb - that bothered me, too. The only way I can make sense of it is that he knew what was going on with her husband and that he's not a good guy, and he also knew that she wouldn't personally be physically hurt. It's probaby going to be interesting to see what he reveals and what he doesn't. If the FBI elites were too stupid to keep driving across that bridge, he could have told them there would be an ambush but he didn't. Well, maybe he didn't expect them to be that inept any more than we did! I hope they won't be portrayed as that foolish every week because it really upsets me to think that the top echelon of crime-solvers in our country are a bunch of clueless idiots.

Some people are saying he might turn out to be Elizabeth's father, but I don't see how that could be the case. Didn't she say her father left when she was 14? She would know him if she saw him. I wonder if the reason he knows so much about her will be an ongoing mystery throughout the series or revealed sooner rather than later.

Yeah, I'm wondering if he is her father, but he may not be old enough for that.

I'll try to keep an open mind. Maybe it'll turn out to be a real winner.

FORT Fogey

Maybe the man she thinks was her father was not really her father, and he is! Could be, I guess.

Isabella Rossellini is a Guest Star tonight- like
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I recommended hubby watch the repeat so he could choose between Hostages (which he watched) and Blacklist.

10 PM is too late for me to stay up, but I figured I could catch the repeat at 9 PM.

I lasted right up until the knife plunged into her husband's thigh. Ack!

Yeah, we love Spader, and that's why he's going to watch Blacklist. But that sure is a lot of violence right before bedtime.

I watched the rerun on SAT

Liked it.

The kidnap scene was a little OTT for me.

And I also thought it was dumb and implausible that she went home alone.
    The FBI sent 382 people there to GET HER in the AM and 0 to drop her off? COME ON! I call B.S.

And for sure...Hubby = BAD guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Isabella Rossellini is a Guest Star tonight- like
    Is she on your List of Five too??
    2boysmom likes this.

Another question I have. If her husband is this secret kind of guy with some hidden agenda, why would he put himself under the scrutiny of an adoption, where he would be under a spotlight? Even if you have good cover, that seems like a stretch. And I totally didn't believe the woman wanted to adopt. I just didn't see any real anxiety from her about missing the meeting. And if it were that important, wouldn't you schedule at a time other than your first day on the job? Just lots of things that didn't add up.

The Mesa household enjoyed this show a lot. I've always loved James Spader and I agree, this role seems written just for him. I am curious about Elizabeth's husband - lots of shady stuff in this show. Looking forward to the season!
    Florimel likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread