+ Reply to Thread
Page 30 of 93 FirstFirst ... 20212223242526272829303132333435363738394080 ... LastLast
Like Tree797Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    This pulling shows from new episodes willy nilly is so annoying. Nashville is doing it too. IMO, it's abusive to the viewers. If they would get boycotted for pulling that stuff, maybe it would stop.
    I agree, but..but..am I strong enough to miss a tv show I like in protest? If only that weren't partly true but I guess if it weren't I probably wouldn't be here discussing TV shows
    Punkin and Debb70 like this.

Yeah, it's hard to boycott when you love the show and they know that. It's unfortunate that the shows don't seem to feel any real allegiance to the fans. They disrespect the fans. Breaking Bad is the only show that I know of that has really shown respect and appreciation to the fans. The rest are clueless. They don't seem to understand how they could build a show with very royal fans who could carry the show into success.
    Duckyface likes this.

when I was young, we only had repeats in the summer months. I know that over the last 4 decades the amount of new episodes they tape/year gets fewer and fewer. I think it's somewhere around 22-24 now. Another thing they're doing these days they didn't do back in the day, was run new programming in the summer. I'd rather they run all the episodes without repeats, or at least run the new episodes in clumps rather than 1 new one bookended by repeats.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

It's on soon, and I can wait .I know there will be great episodes in May..I wonder what the cliff-hanger will be
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I figure it will be a Tom/Elizabeth confrontation, with someone' life in danger
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    when I was young, we only had repeats in the summer months. I know that over the last 4 decades the amount of new episodes they tape/year gets fewer and fewer. I think it's somewhere around 22-24 now. Another thing they're doing these days they didn't do back in the day, was run new programming in the summer. I'd rather they run all the episodes without repeats, or at least run the new episodes in clumps rather than 1 new one bookended by repeats.
    Right, and I've mentioned that before. There were 39 original episodes and then 13 weeks of reruns in my young days and a maximum of 6 minutes of commericals in an hour show. I do miss those days. The number of new episodes slowly decreased over time with the networks hoping it would go unnoticed. The number of us who remember is diminishing.
    Debb70 and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Yeah, it's like the ice cream sandwiches that got smaller and smaller and the prices got higher and higher. lol
    Florimel likes this.

Animals over People :) Fanny Mare's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Yeah, it's like the ice cream sandwiches that got smaller and smaller and the prices got higher and higher. lol
    And chocolate bars!! all the good stuff
    Florimel and Debb70 like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Right, and I've mentioned that before. There were 39 original episodes and then 13 weeks of reruns in my young days and a maximum of 6 minutes of commericals in an hour show. I do miss those days. The number of new episodes slowly decreased over time with the networks hoping it would go unnoticed. The number of us who remember is diminishing.
    The commercial times have become sooo noticeable too. I've been watching a lot of Frasier repeats and you don't even have time to go to the bathroom during a commercial break. And some dramas break quite often, rather than the regular 15,30 45 minute - The Good Wife is baaad for breaking a lot.....I find it's disruptive to the flow of the show. I'll have to take notice about The Blacklist, but I think they break normally.

Commercials are one of the reasons I love to record and then watch later so I can ff through commercials. Now On Demand normally prevents you from FF. That annoys me to no end, as I feel I pay enough money for my services, cable box, etc. that I should be able to do that if I wish.

I have had discussions with Time Warner Cable and feel like they are really pushing the envelope on their billing. They bill one charge for the Cable Box, a separate charge for the DVR box, and a separate charge for the DVR service. My issue is that the Cable Box and the DVR are the same box! It's one unit, with two features, but they charge like it's two units. Then they also charge for what the DVR does. Sounds hinky to me.
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-10-2014 at 09:41 AM.

+ Reply to Thread