+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 53 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Are these spots becoming? chompstick's Avatar

Re: The Blacklist

It feels like the role was written for Spader, that's how good he is. I watched it a second time, really focusing on his facial expressions. He can convey so much with every little movement of his mouth, eyes, brow, or an ever so slight inclination of his head.

I don't think Red will turn out to be her father. Waaaay too obvious.
    I support the right to arm bears.

Loved the show,loved Spader.

I felt like I was watching Hannibal Lecter & Clarice
    Punkin, NCLurker, Peachy and 2 others like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Okay, you all convinced me.
    I watched Hostages ... and I am going to see if this is on demand!
    Katydyd likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Enjoy! Come back and let us know what you think Echo - I haven't talked to anyone in "real life" that watched and didn't like it. It's replaying again on Saturday night if you have trouble finding it otherwise
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

I watched it and enjoyed it.

I may have to watch again because I watched it late and there are a lot of dots and I may not have connected some.

I wonder too how he knows all of this stuff about her ... but he is obviously connected in many places.

This show really has a lot going on.

I am going to set to record on Saturday. I hate the on demand lack of functions. :0
    Last edited by echo226; 09-27-2013 at 03:48 PM.

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fogey

I saw the show over the weekend and loved it. This role is perfect for Spader. The one little criticism I have about the first episode is that it made no sense to me that the big top-secret covert government operation to get the little girl to safety was derailed by some guy in a yellow jacket standing on a bridge waving a stop sign. Surely they would have orders not to stop for anyone or anything until the child was brought to safety. That just seemed dumb to me. It also seemed pretty inept to give him a fairly easy way to escape from the building, but at least they had a tracking device on him.
    ArchieComic Fan, Coco46 and Debb70 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I saw the show over the weekend and loved it. This role is perfect for Spader. The one little criticism I have about the first episode is that it made no sense to me that the big top-secret covert government operation to get the little girl to safety was derailed by some guy in a yellow jacket standing on a bridge waving a stop sign. Surely they would have orders not to stop for anyone or anything until the child was brought to safety. That just seemed dumb to me. It also seemed pretty inept to give him a fairly easy way to escape from the building, but at least they had a tracking device on him.
    Exactly. I'm going to give it another shot, but I don't enjoy watching the FBI special tasks force that handle the worst of the worst, conduct themselves like keystone cops. They appear to be very incompetent. That annoys me. After that whole debacle on the bridge and they still don't wise up. The Spader character is obsessed with her. She is the center of everything, however, she strolls home with no security, no backup, no checking on her home to make sure it's safe. Just mindless, IMO.

There are other problems, I won't go into. Still, I like the actress playing the lead. She's good and I love James Spader. I just don't know if I can tolerate him being a god who knows all, sees all, and can do all things and the cops are completely helpless and blind fools. That premise was in The Following and I quickly had to let that one go.
    ArchieComic Fan and AlwaysVeg like this.

Well, I cannot wait for tonight. I saw a preview and is all I can say
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'll watch Hostages tonight and see The Blacklist on demand.

I may switch next week because CBS on Demand is "functional" ... that is you can FF, etc.

Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread