+ Reply to Thread
Page 28 of 53 FirstFirst ... 181920212223242526272829303132333435363738 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

FORT Fogey

Re: The Blacklist

I agree that Red could fear that Lizzie might hate him if/when he reveals he is her father. Many people have negative feelings toward a parent who gave them up for adoption and stayed away, especially for reasons they might not understand or agree with. If it's true, we don't know the circumstances, and perhaps knowing those circumstances would be very traumatic for her. It might bring up childhood events that she mercifully doesn't remember. Also, if knowing Red is her father could put her in harm's way were it known by others, that would give her a major secret to keep, and having to keep a secret like that could be a huge burden to bear personally and professionally. One slip-up in the way Lizzie relates to him in public could jeopardize both their lives. Maybe even the threat that Tom and his organization poses is the end game here in terms of the Black List, and Red feared that if Lizzie knew, she might confide in Tom ... of course, that was when she didn't believe Red's warnings about Tom. At this point, she won't be confiding anything in her husband, but I can see that Red would still feel Lizzie is safer not knowing.

I don't think we will know the endgame, and I don't know if I want to. Is Red her father, I don't know. I am not sure I care, because their relationship is growing or starting over, whichever is the true about our Red
    Punkin and Florimel like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I agree, Fanny Mare. I don't know and don't particularly care if Red is or isn't her father. I've never thought he was, but if I'm wrong, oh well. That's only a small part of what the show is about for me. I eventually want to learn all of Red's story, however long it takes, just as I did with Ben Linus, Walter White, or Harold Finch to name a few.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

I care about whether Red is Lizzie's father or not because I'm curious about why he's so invested in her and why he knows, or has taken the trouble to learn, so much about her life. There must be some connection there.

I can't remember if they told us in the beginning of the series or not, but who created the Blacklist? Is it made up of names from a government most wanted list, or is it names Red put on the list? If Red put the list together, I wonder who is #1? I wouldn't put it past him to have himself in that spot
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I saw the premier episode, but can't recall. I think when he turned hiimself in, he told them that he could help them locate the most sought after people on their Blacklist, but it seems like he also told them that they didn't even know half the people who should be on there.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I think it was this show. Something about the Blacklister of the week's daughter had some sort of illness and he was working on ways to manipulate DNA to cure her?

Edit: Debb, I just saw your post, I think you might be right. My case scenario might have been a different one.

If it's The Alchemist, we're both right, lol. The Alchemist | Episodes | The Blacklist | NBC
    and interesting how Red asked about touch DNA and The Good Wife just did an episode about touch dna - I tend to watch the same types of shows and notice elements are often replicated - coincidence, or happy accident?

Maybe Red's connection to Liz is all about Tom, just like Tom's connection to lizzie is about Red.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Red made the list , the FBI knew about these criminals though.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

I do care whether Red is Lizzie's father or whatever his relationship to her is. Right away we were told that Red would only communicate directly with her, a novice, as a condition of his cooperation, so it's natural to wonder why, and that wondering is intensified by his unusual tenderness toward her. I have to ask why he is so devoted to her personally. We keep getting clues about a little girl, possibly his daughter, who somehow was lost to him. Either he is definitely her father and the producers are enjoying seeing the viewers deny that anything so obvious could be possible, or there is some other convoluted relationship between them that we don't have an inkling of at this point. Either way, that's the overriding mystery of the show to me ... why Lizzie? ... of course in addition to each fascinating episode of getting the bad guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I am only speculating, but I suspect Red may not want Lizzie to know who he is, because she may hate him. What if his story will reveal something about him that is horrible and he fears she will not understand and never forgive him. At least now, they are on good terms.
    I am going to stick to my theory that Red killed Lizzie's family in retaliation for his family being killed, but couldn't bear to kill Lizzie because of his feelings of loss for his own daughter.
    Kip, Duckyface and Jaceegirl like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread