+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 53 FirstFirst ... 171819202122232425262728293031323334353637 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    If Lizzie really wore her thinking cap she might grab a cup or fork that Red has used to get his DNA and then run it to see if he's her bio dad. That might determine if he's her dad, right?
    I think Red might be surreptitiously watching for something like that and would make sure she couldn't get something with his DNA that easily (or at all). He always know what to look for and he's always quietly watching. Besides, this is fiction so I character can't do anything not written into the script. Lizzie's deficiencies really don't bother me. Incidentally, this is just my personal opinion, but since watching Intelligence, I think Meghan Ory would have made a great Lizzie.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I'm all open for any other actress who could have played Lizzie. I'm not a fan of her acting. I've read that many fans aren't too happy with her either, but it's really a moot point I guess. It's not likely they would replace her.

Red may guard his DNA, but I noticed in this last episode he brings lunch (Pimento cheese sandwiches) for the two of them. That might have been a good chance to slip his napkin or something he might have touched.
    Duckyface likes this.

I might be imagining things, but I thought I saw something recently about the ability to modify DNA. Might have even been on this show when Red visits the scientist friend Red visits in El Salvador. If anyone would know or could find out how to modify his DNA, it would be Red.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    I laughed seeing how Dembe is picking up some of Red's habits.

Dembe - "What color is this?"

Lizzie - "Chicago Skyline"

Dembe - Dramatic pause then ... "Nice"

Ha, ha! Gotta love it!
    hahahaha... I hear you.

Also, when he mentioned he brought pimento cheese sandwiches which were made from Ertha Kitt's recipe. I about died laughing and I replayed that small portion of the scene about five times because I loved it so much. Oh, my! His delivery is perfection!
    Last edited by tinderbox; 04-02-2014 at 07:08 PM.
    Punkin, Florimel and mushybrain like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think Red would have that so well hidden, that nobody would be able to find it, let alone Lizzie. I like the pace of this show

Favourite line was, "grab the yoghurt pretzels" I am totally in love with Red,
    Somehow Tom and his employers knew that Lizzie was a soft spot for Red, so it can't be perfectly hidden whatever the relationship is.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I might be imagining things, but I thought I saw something recently about the ability to modify DNA. Might have even been on this show when Red visits the scientist friend Red visits in El Salvador. If anyone would know or could find out how to modify his DNA, it would be Red.
    Yes. I recall that. Was it this show or another? Let me give it some thought. I can see it in my head.........the DNA expert had developed a way to duplicate DNA. He put the duplicated DNA in these other people so they actually started looking like the new person's DNA. Then there was a plane crash and the bodies were found, DNA tested and showed the bodies were of these certain individuals, BUT they were wrong. The actual people were still alive.

I can't place which show it was on. CSI, The Mentalist, ???? It's driving me crazy! Was it this show?
    Last edited by Debb70; 04-03-2014 at 11:59 AM.

I think it was this show. Something about the Blacklister of the week's daughter had some sort of illness and he was working on ways to manipulate DNA to cure her?

Edit: Debb, I just saw your post, I think you might be right. My case scenario might have been a different one.

If it's The Alchemist, we're both right, lol. The Alchemist | Episodes | The Blacklist | NBC
    Last edited by ArchieComic Fan; 04-03-2014 at 12:12 PM.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I love this show and I absolutely love James Spader. He is pure perfection, but one thing I have a hard time understanding is what difference does it make at this point whether he tells Lizzie if he is truly her father or not?

I know many have said it is to keep her safe, but he has known all along that Tom was not good for her and tried to warn her. Now she knows it as well and yet has to try and pretend that all is well between them. I guess that's why I don't understand why telling her he is her father would keep her from harms way. She is sleeping with the enemy as it is. Before she didn't believe it, but now she knows it beyond a shadow of a doubt. I know Red is not completely sure what Tom's deal is and they want to find out, but Red keeping his true identity from her puzzles me.

I am only speculating, but I suspect Red may not want Lizzie to know who he is, because she may hate him. What if his story will reveal something about him that is horrible and he fears she will not understand and never forgive him. At least now, they are on good terms.
    Duckyface and mushybrain like this.

As I continue to think about it, the DNA thing might have been on any or all of these shows. It seems to be a somewhat popular theme right now and I think that is likely to continue. It could also have been or will be a theme on such shows as Intelligence, Resurrection, or Person of Interest, and others as well, but those are the ones I watch.

+ Reply to Thread