+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 53 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

FORT Fan

Re: The Blacklist

I love this show! And James Spader as Red, too. I really like how they have a new case/story each week and yet keep the backstory of bad Tom, etc moving forward.
    Florimel and Coco46 like this.

Just watched the latest episode and it did seem to me like Red IS Lizzie's biological father.

Maybe when he told her he wasn't her father, he felt he was telling the truth at that time - he truly felt that the adoptive father was her father. Semantics. Red spent the week to make/repair the music box to play the song that made Lizzie feel safe back then. Lizzie has memories of a fire from when she was a little girl. Red bought that old blue house just to burn it down. Also, what about Red's story that he was coming home with Christmas gifts (did he say for his little girl? He indicated something about gifts for a child) but ran out of gas. I just can't put my finger on how it's all connected.

Lizzie's father is 1) Red 2) a friend or relative of Red's 3) a criminal Red killed by burning his house down or 4) Red burned her family's house down as part of a job but it was the WRONG house and Liz was an innocent child who's parents were accidentally killed by Red so he feels responsible for her. Maybe the blue house Red burned down was actually the house he was supposed to burn for that job. Or, does Liz truly not know her story because she was put into witness protection as a small child? I guess I just want Red to be Lizzie's father!

The reveries he had around the blue house of a little girl playing in the yard made me think he had the one daughter. But that could've been Liz or the target house he was supposed to hit. MAYBE the criminal girl he looked up a while back is the daughter of the target family whose house that he was SUPPOSED to burn down?

Lizzie must be targeted by whoever Tom works for because of who her father is.

If I were Liz, I would be investigating the identity of my biological father. Especially if I suspected Red was my father. Heck, just grab a hair sample or something and check the DNA against her own!

How do all the pieces fit? Sorry for rambling!

Also: Tom! How can she possibly keep up the act that she doesn't know he's bad?!?!! He could turn on her openly at any moment!

Good theories Cornholio! All that helps me, because I haven't seen all the episodes yet. I have watched off and on, but am enjoying it lately.

Glad she knows about Tom, but he had to literally hit her over the head before she caught on! Pardon the pun! lol Seriously, she was able to give the guy's height, hair color and race, but didn't realize he was her HUSBAND! LOL Cracked me up.

Red is a mystery, but I wonder what will be the driving force of the show once we know the secret of their relationship. I do want to know though. I hope it's not something lame.

I'm delighted that the specifics of Red's past are unfolding slowly. It is superior story telling to me. I don't really care if he's Lizzie's biological father, but I think it's more interesting if he isn't.

What I am looking forward to is the take down of Tom. I'm a little surprised that he is not high on Red's list, but perhaps he needs Tom alive to get to the higher ups.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I'm delighted that the specifics of Red's past are unfolding slowly. It is superior story telling to me. I don't really care if he's Lizzie's biological father, but I think it's more interesting if he isn't.

What I am looking forward to is the take down of Tom. I'm a little surprised that he is not high on Red's list, but perhaps he needs Tom alive to get to the higher ups.
    I think he is high on Red's list and has been for a very long time. We'll soon find out the reasons why.

Also, I do believe he's Lizzie's father.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

I believe his is, too, Tinderbox. When he tells Lizzie, or she finds out, he'll explain why he had to lie to her about it. I'm sure it has everything to do with her safety and not that he was using her. He did try to warn her about Tom and hasn't lied to her about anything related to the jobs they've done together. Jeez, now that she knows Tom is a bad guy, how can she feel safe closing her eyes at night?

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion pikachu's Avatar

Last night's episode was so great! Reddington was at his best.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Last night's episode was so great! Reddington was at his best.
    I have to wait until tonight when hubby is home( I always ask questions) and its killing me having it sit on my PVR
    Cornholio likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I have to wait until tonight when hubby is home( I always ask questions) and its killing me having it sit on my PVR
    Fanny, I think you will like it!
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

I laughed seeing how Dembe is picking up some of Red's habits.

Dembe - "What color is this?"

Lizzie - "Chicago Skyline"

Dembe - Dramatic pause then ... "Nice"

Ha, ha! Gotta love it!
    Punkin likes this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make it affects the people around you it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

+ Reply to Thread