+ Reply to Thread
Page 23 of 53 FirstFirst ... 131415161718192021222324252627282930313233 ... LastLast
Like Tree377Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

goooood episode....It's always great to use the backstory to give the show some depth. More of that please.

We know Tim (lol) is after Red, but we dont' know why - and why did he have to marry Liz since she wasn't tied to Red back then. There has to be a connection between Red and Liz for Todd to have been assigned to her. I was hoping it wouldn't be true, but she must be his daughter...???
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Very good episode! Tom (aka Tim, ha!) is a very bad boy! I like it!

I don't think Liz is Red's daughter simply because Red told her she isn't. So far, everything he has told her has been the truth. I think Red's family was killed just as he said they were in a previous episode. It was so sad seeing him sitting alone at the end watching the ballet and holding the program from 1987.

I really liked Red's interaction with Ressler in the episode. And boy, what a "gift" Red sent him at the end!

anders - Very good question about why Tom had to marry Liz to get to Red. Maybe Tom and his "bosses" could never find Red, but they DID find out he was connected to Liz so they figured they could draw Red out if he believed Liz was in danger. I can't wait to find out!
    Florimel and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

Who's head was in the box that Red sent to Ressler? Thanks. (I was so shocked that I didn't actually see what I was looking at...)

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Who's head was in the box that Red sent to Ressler? Thanks. (I was so shocked that I didn't actually see what I was looking at...)
    It was the Japanese guy, Mako Tanida, who escaped from prison and killed the FBI agents and Audrey.
    "Everything you do matters. Every moment, every decision you make – it affects the people around you – it changes the world in a million imperceptible ways. No matter what your reality, you can make it better." -- Richard Castle

FORT Fogey

Wowza, what an episode! If Liz doesn't find out the truth about Tom by the end of this season, I don't think I'll be able to stand it! This was the first episode in which I really liked Ressler and felt for him as a person. I hated that Red's investigator was killed. I enjoyed their interaction and was looking forward to seeing him more on this and other cases.
    mushybrain and Fanny Mare like this.

At first I thought Jolene wasn't really dead and was going to hit Tom from behind while he was tending to the guy working for Red, but I think it's safe to say she's dead, lol. The writers do such a good job of showcasing Red's ruthlessness with sprinkles of softness here and there, as with him thinking of his daughter (I presume) while watching the ballet. Clearly his family dying turned him into the man he is today.

I don't know if I'm ready for Liz to learn about Tom yet as if she does he will wind up in the wind. I want to learn more about his mission and why Jolene stuck her nose into his business to begin with.

This and The Good Wife are, imo, two of the best written dramas on tv today.
    Kiz likes this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    At first I thought Jolene wasn't really dead and was going to hit Tom from behind while he was tending to the guy working for Red, but I think it's safe to say she's dead, lol.
    "She's not only merely dead, she's really most sincerely dead!"

The writers do such a good job of showcasing Red's ruthlessness with sprinkles of softness here and there, as with him thinking of his daughter (I presume) while watching the ballet. Clearly his family dying turned him into the man he is today.
    He was also quite sincere in his wanting to help Ressler. I really enjoyed their interaction.

I don't know if I'm ready for Liz to learn about Tom yet as if she does he will wind up in the wind. I want to learn more about his mission and why Jolene stuck her nose into his business to begin with.
    I think we will learn a lot more about Tom and his mission, but I agree that I kind of don't want Liz to find out about bad Tom for awhile. Her not knowing is pretty fun.
    Punkin likes this.

I've always loved James Spader's work, but he is so amazing as Red that I have to catch my breath. This is his iconic role, much like Bryan Cranston as Walter White, Yul Brynner as the King of Siam, Richard Kiley as the Man of La Mancha, Carroll O'Connor as Archie Bunker, and a few others whose performances in certain roles will never be equaled.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

I was crazy about him in Boston Legal and thought it couldn't get any better than that. But I was wrong! He's amazing. No one could be Red Reddington but him.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I was crazy about him in Boston Legal and thought it couldn't get any better than that. But I was wrong! He's amazing. No one could be Red Reddington but him.
    OMG me too! We finally just watched it. Boy Tom isn't just bad Tom, he is downright evil!!I love how we learn just a little each week about Red, just a smidge about his personal life. He watches ballet while having a head delivered to Ressler- priceless. I wish it were two hours long it always leaves me wanting more
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread