+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 46 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829303132 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    Tom turned from a likable character (or, potential likable character) to a creepy bad guy within two seconds! His entire demeanor transformed right before our eyes. Great acting!

I can't wait to watch this story unfold.
    Yes, you are right! Tom the gentle changed in a flash...
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I never trusted him from the start - he had creepy written all over him... the box under the floor sealed the deal for me. And now we have to remember that he has access to the inside of the FBI offices.
    Florimel and Cornholio like this.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I was doubting Tom as he sat at the table and had a drink, took off his wedding band, etc., but he sealed the deal with being a plant when he said that being a huband was his job! And the tone in his voice. Yikes. What a fake.

My question is who is the girl who was tempting him? And why was she following Red around for the last 6 months? Isn't that what the guy who searched her house reported back to Red? How did Red get that photo of her and know she was hanging out and seducing Tom?

When Red was talking to the top FBI boss at the end, he asked that he help out some employee and that he was a good worker. Who was he talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was doubting Tom as he sat at the table and had a drink, took off his wedding band, etc., but he sealed the deal with being a plant when he said that being a huband was his job! And the tone in his voice. Yikes. What a fake.

My question is who is the girl who was tempting him? And why was she following Red around for the last 6 months? Isn't that what the guy who searched her house reported back to Red? How did Red get that photo of her and know she was hanging out and seducing Tom?

When Red was talking to the top FBI boss at the end, he asked that he help out some employee and that he was a good worker. Who was he talking about?
    "Jolene" is posing as a teacher, but it isn't clear yet who she really is, who she is working for, and what her mission is. We are clearly being led to believe she is a villain, but on this show, who knows?!? We have seen little bits here and there of Red looking for and getting intel about her.

Red asked Cooper to help out Admiral Richard Abraham (Red's Navy ex-friend), who provided Red with the classified evidence that proved that Cooper and Conway were innocent of wrongdoing, and that Rifkin (the inmate put to death) was, in fact, guilty as charged.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain View Post
    Yes, he did. He went to her hotel room later to return her key, and he again said "I love my wife." But when he turned to leave, Lucy/Jolene said, "She isn't your wife, she's your target."

Tom turned back to her and asked if "they" had sent her to test him. Then, in a very measured tone, he said, "I told you that I was in love with her, because that is exactly what I am supposed to be. That... is my job."

It was awesome!! I like bad Tom. I think he is going to be very bad!
    Thanks mushy for filling me in. Maybe my brain wouldn't accept that Tom is going to be bad because I really didn't want him to be. Maybe we will get to see more of Tom now and like you I will like bad Tom.

I think the important question here is that now that we definitely know Tom is fake-husband, what purpose is there in his mission with Elizabeth? I mean, they have been married since before she was on this task force. She was basically a fresh FBI graduate getting ready to work with the BAU before being requested by Red. So who is she really that she warrants this level of covert intrusion? Is this the ultimate reason that Red turned himself in and requested her?

As an aside - I love Agent Broyles in a cowboy hat!!! (Fringe reference!)
    Florimel likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I think the important question here is that now that we definitely know Tom is fake-husband, what purpose is there in his mission with Elizabeth? I mean, they have been married since before she was on this task force. She was basically a fresh FBI graduate getting ready to work with the BAU before being requested by Red. So who is she really that she warrants this level of covert intrusion? Is this the ultimate reason that Red turned himself in and requested her?

As an aside - I love Agent Broyles in a cowboy hat!!! (Fringe reference!)
    Ha! And I loved what Red said to him: “I love hats. That one takes a certain kind of man.” Cowboy smiley.gif

I think it may turn out that it is Lizzie's connection to Red, whatever that turns out to be, that made her a target.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I'm just getting caught up on the episodes I dvr'd and the most recent one I watched was when Tom admitted that he married Lizzie as part of his "job." I knew Red had to be right! He's always right! My question, though, is given that he didn't marry her to live happily ever after, what is all this focus on adopting a child?? Why would he be pushing her for them to adopt and bring a child into this?

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    I'm just getting caught up on the episodes I dvr'd and the most recent one I watched was when Tom admitted that he married Lizzie as part of his "job." I knew Red had to be right! He's always right! My question, though, is given that he didn't marry her to live happily ever after, what is all this focus on adopting a child?? Why would he be pushing her for them to adopt and bring a child into this?
    Perhaps to have something to control her/threaten her with? Right now there's no one that she would betray her country for, but for the life of her child she would probably do anything they asked.

My big worry is that they are going to try to turn this in to a romance thing where, yes Tom had to marry her as part of his assignment, but he really fell in love with her and is now torn about completing his mission and his love for her. Please don't do that. It's too predictable/soap opera. So far this show hasn't disappointed me and gone the easy, predictable route,so I'm hoping they won't do that with this either.
    Coco46 likes this.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Perhaps to have something to control her/threaten her with? Right now there's no one that she would betray her country for, but for the life of her child she would probably do anything they asked.

My big worry is that they are going to try to turn this in to a romance thing where, yes Tom had to marry her as part of his assignment, but he really fell in love with her and is now torn about completing his mission and his love for her. Please don't do that. It's too predictable/soap opera. So far this show hasn't disappointed me and gone the easy, predictable route,so I'm hoping they won't do that with this either.
    That could be it, Duckyface. Thanks. I also don't understand the whole seduction thing with him turning her down saying he loves his wife. I know he suspected it was a test, but if they both know the marriage is a sham and are both some kind of operatives working for the same group, why wouldn't they both just laugh about it and "do the deed" if they are attracted to one another?

+ Reply to Thread