+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 46 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
Like Tree323Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Kip
    FORT Fogey Shoot The Gems Hard Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by anders332 View Post
    Very intense episode - I just can't by Megan Boone as a bad ass FBI agent though. I look at Carter from Person of Interest, that is badass, MB isnt' edgy enough to pull it off.

that is my only complaint about the show - wish they had've cast that character with someone else.
    When I first read your post, I agreed with you. Then yesterday, my son and DIL were over (doing their laundry!). They hadn't heard of The Blacklist, so we watched the first episode with them. I had forgotten just how good that first episode was. I had also forgotten that Agent Keen stabbed Red in his carotid artery with her pen when he wasn't telling her what she wanted to know. I remember thinking at the time that we'd be getting a female Jack Bauer character who would do what it took to get the job done. Even on second viewing, I thought she was very believable in that scene. Since then, she hasn't been as decisive. So maybe it's the writing that's letting the character down rather than the acting.

My admiration for James Spader just keeps growing. Like Michael Emerson he can generate sympathy and liking even when when his character is doing bad things. I remember him saying in an early interview that we would see good and bad in Red and it would be a very long time before we know if he was on the side of good, bad, or somewhere in between. Whatever it turns out to be, he has reasons for what he does. I'm eager to watch them unfold.
    Kip, Katydyd, Duckyface and 2 others like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    My admiration for James Spader just keeps growing. Like Michael Emerson he can generate sympathy and liking even when when his character is doing bad things. I remember him saying in an early interview that we would see good and bad in Red and it would be a very long time before we know if he was on the side of good, bad, or somewhere in between. Whatever it turns out to be, he has reasons for what he does. I'm eager to watch them unfold.
    He really is wonderful isn't he. I love this show, and his acting- superb!
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

A good episode. I thought the whole good samaritan killer story line was a bit weak, but I guess Agent Keen had to have something to keep her busy while Red took out the trash

Spader was once again managed to make Red sympathetic and complex.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    A good episode. I thought the whole good samaritan killer story line was a bit weak, but I guess Agent Keen had to have something to keep her busy while Red took out the trash

Spader was once again managed to make Red sympathetic and complex.
    I though Keen sounded a lot like Red in this episode.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Good Samaritan is a great episode - I didn't find the storyline weak at all!

As soon as the little boy told the agent that he had broken his collarbone, I guessed it, but I was a little off! I thought the mother had Munchausen's by proxy rather than straight up domestic abuse. But if she did all those things to her son just to get attention at the hospital, that definitely counts as abuse! I was also thinking that the Samaritan's mom was in the wheelchair because his father had abused her and that the good Samaritan was avenging the abuse to his mother. Boy was I wrong about that!

I have trouble with this show, and especially this episode, because I don't like watching people get hurt. I have to cover my eyes a lot.

Regarding Megan Boone; her hair is a full wig. The actress actually has a short pixie haircut!

Didn't know that about Megan - that explains why her hair always looks a little dif every week.

I got to see most of it, but luckily I do have it saved and want to rewatch this weekend. I dont' remember who Newton is or why we should care.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

I was wondering about Keen's hair. To me it looks... not natural a lot. Now I know why! Thanks for the information. I wish they'd just use her real hair do!

About Newton - I have no idea who he is either! He was the actual mole though, so a part of Red's trash removal. I really enjoyed the episode. Hell, I just enjoyed having James Spader back on my screen
    Cornholio likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Ahh I've thought her hair looked a little odd. I assumed it was extensions, but now I know why. Thanks Cornholio!

I guess what I thought was weak about the samaritan storyline was it was so predictable. I'm used to this show being a little more unpredictable, which I like.

I think Newton was someone who was in Red's network, who he worked with for years and so it was a little more difficult for him to kill the guy. I don't think we'd ever met him before though. I'm glad that the FBI guy didn't turn out to be the mole. I can't remember his name, but I enjoyed him in the past episodes.
    Cornholio likes this.

I was thrilled to see Frank Whaley in this episode. I thought he was delightfully creepy.

I don't know why they need Megan Boone to wear a wig. It makes more sense to me that Keen would have short hair instead of the long hair, which doesn't look so professional. They should have Keen cut off her hair in an emotional moment. That wig is awful.
    Duckyface, mesachick and Cornholio like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread