+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 46 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast
Like Tree329Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    No posts about the season finale? I haven't watched it yet, but was hoping to read some comments about it.
    It wasn't the season finale. It was only episode 10. NBC ordered 22 episodes. We just don't have the air date of the next episode. I'd assume it's maybe after the Winter Olympics, which would mean we'll see new episodes in late February or early March.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

What I read is that they are not going with an extended hiatus; they don't want to lose momentum like they did with Revolutions. I think I read that they will broadcast 3 episodes in January, then another break, and then the rest of season 1. I can't remember when that will be, but I imagine they'll schedule it so the season finale ends during May sweeps. My guess is that the last batch will begin something in late March.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fogey

Thanks! I'm glad this wasn't the season finale. I don't know why I thought it was, except I could have sworn the DishTV guide said so before Part 1. In any case, I'm going to watch the last episode before this and then this one in a row. Lord knows TV is pretty awful this week for the most part, so it'll be nice to have something good to watch. This show is riveting! If Red warned her about her husband again, I wish he would just tell her the whole story; it would be frightening to me to live with someone under suspicion. At this point, she has to believe Red knows something.

January 13th is when the three episode run begins before the Olympics. It resumes after the Olympics.
    Florimel likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by redsox girl View Post
    January 13th is when the three episode run begins before the Olympics. It resumes after the Olympics.
    That's great to know! we have a little trip to Mexico planned, so I need to know what to record, and this show is must see TV. Thank you again!!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The show has been picked up for Season 2.
    Hyper, mesachick and AlwaysVeg like this.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker View Post
    The show has been picked up for Season 2.
    Thank you razorback.

There was never a doubt in my mind that it wouldn't be
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Love This Show!!

I was glad when Red said no he wasn't Lizzie's father, but I'm not sure I believe him. I like being kept in suspense though! There's obviously a good reason he is willing to die for her.

Did anyone else wonder at him having the same very rare blood type as Ressler? and knowing a lot about him? More mysteries!

There is some great acting, especially for a tv series. To me Lizzie is the weak link, but I think she's is improving as the season has gone along. It is hard to keep up acting along side James Spader, Alan Alda and Ritchie Coster, and Harold (Harry Lenox) and Donald are not too far behind for me. I'm kind of sad Anslo had to die. He made a great nemesis for Red.
    Last edited by Duckyface; 12-04-2013 at 01:52 PM.
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Love This Show!!

I was glad when Red said no he wasn't Lizzie's father, but I'm not sure I believe him. I like being kept in suspense though! There's obviously a good reason he is willing to die for her.

Did anyone else wonder at him having the same very rare blood type as Ressler? and knowing a lot about him? More mysteries!

There is some great acting, especially for a tv series. To me Lizzie is the weak link, but I think she's is improving as the season has gone along. It is hard to keep up acting along side James Spader, Alan Alda and Ritchie Coster, and Harold (Harry Lenox) and Donald are not too far behind for me. I'm kind of sad Anslo had to die. He made a great nemesis for Red.

Red's hesitation in answering her question certainly gives me pause as to whether or not he is being truthful. I imagine that's how the writers want it played out. Which I appreciate. Glad to see Alan Alda on TV again. He plays a great bad guy, much as I adore him in his lighter roles. I do find some of the plot line confusing but that may be because I'm not paying close attention.
    I also don't know whether or not Red is being honest about her husband being a threat to Lizzie. On the other hand, the guy is so unassuming and so nice it only makes sense he's actually someone nefarious.
    I enjoy agent Ressler immensely. great job. Especially poignant is the scene in which his ex visits him in the hospital. That he forgot to change the emergency contact no. Side note: one of the first profilers in Quantico was Robert Ressler-I wonder if naming the blacklist agent Ressler is a tip of the hat to the real life Ressler. I realize the Blacklist agent is not a profiler, but the real life Ressler was a highly successful agent before switching to profiling.
    ArchieComic Fan likes this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's great to know! we have a little trip to Mexico planned, so I need to know what to record, and this show is must see TV. Thank you again!!
    You are welcome ! Fanny Mare!

+ Reply to Thread