+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 46 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Re: The Blacklist

For me, that was all too obvious. That meant we all guessed who Red was, week one. I agree her hubby looked nervous
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

If Red is not her father, maybe her father is a big criminal or a big good guy who goes after criminals, and either way he hired Red to watch over and protect Lizzie. Knowing who her father really is would put her in jeopardy. BTW, has she said anything about her mother? Was her adoptive father married, and did Lizzie think that was her mother? I don't remember anything about who she regards as her mother and what their relationship was.

Quote Originally Posted by AlwaysVeg View Post
    If Red is not her father, maybe her father is a big criminal or a big good guy who goes after criminals, and either way he hired Red to watch over and protect Lizzie. Knowing who her father really is would put her in jeopardy. BTW, has she said anything about her mother? Was her adoptive father married, and did Lizzie think that was her mother? I don't remember anything about who she regards as her mother and what their relationship was.
    I don't think she has mentioned her mother. I also though her father was a single parent.
    -Andy Rooney-

I thought it was mentioned in an early episode that Liz' real father is a career criminal who abandoned her. I think that is meant to point us towards Red, but at this point I don't believe it's nearly that simple. I think Red could have been hired by her father to protect her from whatever dangers his activities have placed her in, which is just one possibility.

The show runners have stated that the background of all these characters and their motives and agendae would be revealed very slowly over time. For now, I believe them.
    mesachick likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Love all the different theories and I'm still going with Red is not the father. This show is so good, but I must admit I was a bit disturbed when Red killed the man that Lizzie has known to be her father all her life. I guess because Lizzie didn't get a chance to truly say goodbye, and he didn't get a chance to say goodbye to her except for the phone call. I know we don't always get a chance to say goodbye to the ones we love, but in this case Lizzie would have had that chance if Red had not taken it away.

Whatever the secret is that Red couldn't let Lizzie find out imo had to be more than her finding out Red could be her father. If the secret was he is the father I don't see why Lizzie couldn't know that and Red still be able to protect her. In her line of work she has to keep secrets from her husband, so I just think there has to be more to it then just that. I'm sure she wouldn't be very happy knowing Red is her father, but I'm going with it's something much deeper than that. It could have something to do with her mother or potential sister. Guess we will find out one of these days.

I still want to believe Tom is good. If Red truly believed Tom was dangerous in any way to Lizzie I don't think he would hesitate to kill him. He just killed someone he clearly loved. I have no idea what it is about Tom that Red doesn't like, but so far I still want to believe in Tom.
    Last edited by Jaceegirl; 11-17-2013 at 02:50 AM.
    Coco46 likes this.

I really enjoy hearing everyone's theories and ideas. IMO, that's what makes a show great. That you have to think about it. Not that I don't enjoy mindless entertainment also. But it's nice to have a bit of cerebral engagement from time to time.

I first thought Red was her father for sure. But then I started thinking about the math and I didn't think he looked old enough to be her father. Then we hear about the plastic surgery and see all his flashbacks. I don't know - is it a red herring and he glommed on to Lizzie as a substitute for his daughter? I'm almost positive that the very first episode told us that Red abandoned his wife and 5 year old daughter to embark on his life of crime. If he was already a high-ranking officer in the military when that occurred, then he would have to be much older than he looks for the timeline to fit. And also, what happened to his wife?
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I really enjoy hearing everyone's theories and ideas. IMO, that's what makes a show great. That you have to think about it. Not that I don't enjoy mindless entertainment also. But it's nice to have a bit of cerebral engagement from time to time.

I first thought Red was her father for sure. But then I started thinking about the math and I didn't think he looked old enough to be her father. Then we hear about the plastic surgery and see all his flashbacks. I don't know - is it a red herring and he glommed on to Lizzie as a substitute for his daughter? I'm almost positive that the very first episode told us that Red abandoned his wife and 5 year old daughter to embark on his life of crime. If he was already a high-ranking officer in the military when that occurred, then he would have to be much older than he looks for the timeline to fit. And also, what happened to his wife?
    I thought it was Lizzy's father who had abandoned her and her mother when she was 5. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought they said. Then her Mom died and she was adopted by her adopted Dad?

FORT Fogey

I wonder how long it will take before we have some answers to this. Will the mystery be ongoing throughout the duration of the show, or will we find out before the end of the season? Personally, I can't see why Red is so intensely devoted to Lizzie that he will commit murder to protect her unless he is her father or was madly in love with her mother who already had Lizzie before they met.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I thought it was Lizzy's father who had abandoned her and her mother when she was 5. I could be wrong, but that's what I thought they said. Then her Mom died and she was adopted by her adopted Dad?
    It was definitely Reddington who abandoned his wife and daughter years ago. (They said how many years ago but I don't remember). Lizzie had somehow hidden the fact that her father had a criminal history from the FBI, which Red revealed when he met her. She was totally freaked out that he knew that. However, I assumed that her father was out of the picture until we saw him... It was also mentioned as part of the conversation between Red and her Dad that Lizzie knows she was adopted though... Probably why she insisted that adopting was the way she wanted to have a family. Maybe with her father's death she'll start looking for her biological father.

If I recall correctly, Lizzie was adopted at 4 so if Red abandoned his daughter at 5 chances are he's not her father. I think that the girl he got the number for and looked up in VICAP was his daughter.

Love this show!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Punkin likes this.

OMG! what an episode.( the blood transfusion)

I do admire James Spader. The way he delivers his lines, he is marvel.He is creepy, clever and he taunts and ..I cannot explain it. He will win an award for playing Red, he has to

I cannot wait for the fall finale next week..
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread