+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 46 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast
Like Tree324Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Re: The Blacklist

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    You're not alone! I wouldn't have thought he would be my type but he is undeniably sexy. I hope he and the show win an award. They deserve it! The show would be nearly as good without him.
    Oops, I meant WOULDN'T be nearly as good without him. I didn't notice my typo until it was too late to edit it.

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    Oops, I meant WOULDN'T be nearly as good without him. I didn't notice my typo until it was too late to edit it.
    I knew what you meant
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

The stepfather thing was my typographical error. I meant to say adoptive father, not stepfather.

But then, who really knows. Maybe he was both.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

So here's my theory...

Red is in love with Lizzie's mom. Mom is a criminal, possibly on the Blacklist even. Since Red loves Lizzie's mom, he's taken quite the interest in her for many years now and wants to watch over her for the mother's sake. Just a guess lol. I still don't think he will turn out to be her father (crosses fingers).
    pikachu, AlwaysVeg and Jaceegirl like this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I fear that Red will turn out to be her father. I only fear it because they have made it so very obvious from the beginning and I would be disappointed if the show treated us like we need to be led by the nose through the more than obvious

What sealed the deal for me was the conversation that Red had with Tom outside the hospital. It seemed to be a thinly veiled threat with his "Her father will be watching her from the shadows and making sure no one hurts her and nothing bad happens to her, he will always be there watching" (not a direct quote, but I really felt like he was warning and threatening Tom that he was going to make sure Lizzy was alright and Tom better watch his step.

I wondered for a minute if Lizzy's adopted Dad could have possibly asked Red to end his suffering. I mean he did say he didn't see a point in lingering and suffering for weeks. Maybe he just didn't know how Red was going to do it. Of course that's probably not true because I doubt he would have wanted to go without saying goodbye to his butterball. Red obviously loved the guy and it was hard for him to kill him, but he felt he had to protect Lizzy from something he didn't want her to be told, or at least not told yet. Spader did such a great job with that whole scene, subtle acting but powerful. I'm not one who enjoys overacting.

I was thinking the picture on VICAP was maybe Lizzy's Mom, but a sister is a good guess too. Does Red want to find her or erase her from the system to keep Lizzy from finding her?

I remember Red getting the envelope with the number in it in return for something he did, was it helping the Chinese find the spy? Does anyone remember? I was very curious what the number would lead to, and now we know well sort of, we don't know who she is, but we know it lead him to someone he wanted to find. More mysterious goings on next week! Can't wait!
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

FORT Fogey

So many great theories here! Isn't this show the BEST!? Was Lizzie's mother Red's wife, or maybe just the woman who was the love of his life, and perhaps she is either a criminal or had to run from criminals so couldn't keep her child. Perhaps she trusted Red to take care of Lizzie, and he thought the best option for the child was to be with his trusted friend. Or maybe it is not that complex, and Red really IS her father and had to give her up to protect her, which he is still doing to this day no matter what it takes. I can see the writers either making it that obvious and snickering that the viewers want to make it more complicated and refuse to accept what we see ... or else we are not even close to the truth that is yet to be revealed! I love it!

I still don't think Red is her father, that would be so easy, and for this show I never see easy
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I still don't think Red is her father, that would be so easy, and for this show I never see easy
    However, when it walks like a duck...it's usually a duck.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by tinderbox View Post
    However, when it walks like a duck...it's usually a duck.

It's not quite a duck for me( yet)
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

The lecture that Red gave Tom at the end seemed to point to Red being her father, or why would he bring up that Lizzie's father would be watching out for her? On the other hand, that would make it a bit obvious, so I don't know. One other thing I thought was interesting about that scene was that it was the first time I've seen Tom looking a bit nervous, unless I imagined that.

+ Reply to Thread