+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 46 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast
Like Tree327Likes

Thread: The Blacklist

FORT Fogey

Re: The Blacklist

Yes, they are obviously leading us in a certain direction, having Red "see" a little girl playing outside the house from that window. If that was not Lizzie, could she have been his daughter's friend? I'm pretty sure they want us to think she was Lizzie, but that little girl was old enough to remember what her father looked like. Oh, I really love this show, between the superb acting of James Spader and the great writing.

So was it Lizzie's growth chart that was behind the beadboard Red pulled away from the wall? Or is that too obvious?

"I spend every day trying to forget what happened here. This should help."

Blam!

I love this show!
    tinderbox and AlwaysVeg like this.
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

Who's to say that Red looks like he did years ago? Cosmetic surgery wouldn't be a stretch.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I adore the many mysteries of this show, and I'm a tough nut to crack when it comes to mysteries. Too often the networks seem to dumb things down, make the answers too obvious, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this show. Every week there are new clues and new things to ponder. Whatever happened in that house Red sure wishes it didn't happen!
    Florimel likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I adore the many mysteries of this show, and I'm a tough nut to crack when it comes to mysteries. Too often the networks seem to dumb things down, make the answers too obvious, but that doesn't seem to be the case with this show. Every week there are new clues and new things to ponder. Whatever happened in that house Red sure wishes it didn't happen!
    I had no idea he was going to blow the house up. You are right they don't dumb this show down, we love it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    Whatever happened in that house Red sure wishes it didn't happen!
    Hmmmm. Time for my theory of the day.

Maybe the little girl he was visualizing WAS his daughter (but not Lizzie), and something terrible happened to her.
    And possibly, Red became acquainted with Lizzie's father and something major happened that connected Red with Lizzie emotionally, causing him to transfer his love of his daughter to her. Or not! I can't wait to find out!
    "Most of us go through life with blinders on. Knowing only that little station to which we were born. But you madam, have had the... rare privilege of escaping your bonds for just a spell. To see life from an entirely new perspective. How you choose to use that information is entirely up to you." -- Andrew to Joanna in Overboard

What if...that was Liz's older sister but she was just a baby and doesn't remember her? I'm thinking maybe someone Red double crossed killed the mother and sister? Then he moved Liz to a new family with a new name to protect her. So many possibilities!

I've also been thinking Liz's husband purposely sought her out for nefarious reasons but then maybe he fell in love with her and he's strayed from his mission.
    Duckyface and AlwaysVeg like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    What if...that was Liz's older sister but she was just a baby and doesn't remember her? I'm thinking maybe someone Red double crossed killed the mother and sister? Then he moved Liz to a new family with a new name to protect her. So many possibilities!

I've also been thinking Liz's husband purposely sought her out for nefarious reasons but then maybe he fell in love with her and he's strayed from his mission.
    I like this theory. It would explain why Red was saying to the man in the hospital bed that Lizzie must not be told the truth. If word got out that he's Lizzie's real father, she would never be safe, and he does seem to be sincere about protecting her. What else could explain that? I love this show!
    Duckyface likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Who's to say that Red looks like he did years ago? Cosmetic surgery wouldn't be a stretch.
    Prescient! Tonight he pretty much came out and said that Dr. Andrew Dice Clay in South Beach did the work to make him look entirely different!!!

Who was the girl that Red was looking at onscreen in the Criminal database? Perhaps another daughter, Lizzie's sister?

Quote Originally Posted by Cornholio View Post
    Prescient! Tonight he pretty much came out and said that Dr. Andrew Dice Clay in South Beach did the work to make him look entirely different!!!

Who was the girl that Red was looking at onscreen in the Criminal database? Perhaps another daughter, Lizzie's sister?
    Oh good!! (rubs hands with glee.) I will watch it tomorrow night
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread