+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Hostages

Anyone watch tonight? Looks very interesting so far. You think they're this perfect happy family, but in the first few minutes you find out the father is having an affair, the son is dealing drugs and the teenage daughter is pregnant. How will the Dr keep finding ways NOT to kill the president. I like it so far.

Re: Hostages

I thought it was pretty good - & I think it will get better
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I watched b/c I really like Toni Collette and Dylan McDermott, but I don't know if it was the show or I just happened to be extremely tired, but I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. I agree that it will be interesting to see how the Dr. avoids killing the President. Is this a mini series or what? I can't imagine 22 episodes with this premise, but we'll see, I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I watched b/c I really like Toni Collette and Dylan McDermott, but I don't know if it was the show or I just happened to be extremely tired, but I had a hard time keeping my eyes open. I agree that it will be interesting to see how the Dr. avoids killing the President. Is this a mini series or what? I can't imagine 22 episodes with this premise, but we'll see, I guess.
    I agree.

I thoroughly enjoyed the show despite it being the most hyped one during the summer which can spell disaster. Loved the cast and the storyline. I have no idea how they'll keep it going for an entire season....or more. However, I thought the same thing about Under the Dome and that story managed to progress. Time will tell.

I probably won't add this one to my viewing list. I thinks it's a theme that has been done before and more than once. There is enough to from which to choose on Monday nights, so I think I'll let this one go.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Toni Collette and Dylan McDermott is why we watched, they wont disappoint I am sure .
    -Andy Rooney-

I love Dylan McDermott! I thought it was good...it's a limited series, so only 15 episodes. I will stick with it.

I loved it! Did you see that look the Dr. gave into the tv camera at the end? OMG. I found the show very amusing. I'm trying to figure out what is going on. Is the Dylan character a good guy or a bad guy? I'm wondering if he is doing this for some good reason. Like does he know the President is really a terrorist and he's trying to take him out? Are bad people holding his wife with this illness as hostage, so he has to kill the President to get her a cure? So many possiblities.

The guy who plays the Dr.'s husband was also in Damages and another network drama last season. The name of it escapes me. It was about the hunt for the killer of a young girl socialite in NY. I like this actor.

I'll be watching this show and recording Blacklist.
    Last edited by Debb70; 09-25-2013 at 08:19 AM.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Dylan McDermott is the one and only reason I intend to add this one to my weekly viewing line up. Didn't see the premiere episode but will tune in next week.
    Fanny Mare likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Dylan McDermott is the one and only reason I intend to add this one to my weekly viewing line up. Didn't see the premiere episode but will tune in next week.
    You need to see episode one. See if its online bee, or on demand. Some of these are repeating on Saturday, I checked for another friend
    bee stung lips likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 19 1234567891011 ... LastLast