+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Re: Hostages

Dylan's character, Duncan, sure is getting more and more complex. What was up with him and the wife kissing in the hallway in the season promo scenes!?! I want to understand what is fueling his need to kill the President. Great show!
    Jaceegirl likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I was wondering the same thing Mesa. We finally got to see his wife this week and he certainly seems to love her so when I saw that in the previews I wondered what was going to happen to have him kiss the doctor. I can't remember now if that was going to happen in the preview part of what was going to happen down the road or next week. I want to say down the road. I really love this show and can't wait to see it each week.

I was afraid it was going to get cancelled because it wasn't doing that well in the ratings, but now has picked up. I think it needed time to develop the characters and that is what is happening now. As I am reading some of the other comments I see where it may be a one season show.

I read that Hostages is only intended to run for one season. They could go the way of American Horror Story - each season is a totally separate storyline. This is one of my favorite shows this year. I've always loved Dylan McDermett - ahh the old days of The Practice!
    Add me to the list of loving Dylan McDermett, and great idea of having a separate storyline each season.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Good show last night. Dylan McDermott is playing the HELL out of this Duncan Carlyle character. His calm, cool, collected demeanor, never raising his voice, yet very intimidating style of speaking to his subjects...creeeeeppppy!

The stuff with the sister was really good. When she finally figured out what was going on, I wondered how the family would warm it's way out of it, and manage to keep the truth from her, while managing not to further endanger their lives by angering Duncan. I didn't see it coming with the people from the mental hospital showing up to take the sister away.

I feel so bad for this poor family. It'll be interesting to see how Duncan manages to continue to manipulate the FBI for his own purposes.

I suppose all these side, sub-plots are a way to hold off on revealing the true reason why Duncan wants the president dead. Unless that was already revealed and I somehow missed it??
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Good show last night. Dylan McDermott is playing the HELL out of this Duncan Carlyle character. His calm, cool, collected demeanor, never raising his voice, yet very intimidating style of speaking to his subjects...creeeeeppppy!

The stuff with the sister was really good. When she finally figured out what was going on, I wondered how the family would warm it's way out of it, and manage to keep the truth from her, while managing not to further endanger their lives by angering Duncan. I didn't see it coming with the people from the mental hospital showing up to take the sister away.

I feel so bad for this poor family. It'll be interesting to see how Duncan manages to continue to manipulate the FBI for his own purposes.

I suppose all these side, sub-plots are a way to hold off on revealing the true reason why Duncan wants the president dead. Unless that was already revealed and I somehow missed it??
    I didn't see that coming with her sister either, back to the psych hospital. Whoa! I agree DM plays the heck out of Duncan, when he said "yes Ellen where did you get the gun", I felt so nervous for her. Nothing has been revealed bee, if so I missed it as well
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Jaceegirl View Post
    I was wondering the same thing Mesa. We finally got to see his wife this week and he certainly seems to love her so when I saw that in the previews I wondered what was going to happen to have him kiss the doctor. I can't remember now if that was going to happen in the preview part of what was going to happen down the road or next week. I want to say down the road. I really love this show and can't wait to see it each week.

I was afraid it was going to get cancelled because it wasn't doing that well in the ratings, but now has picked up. I think it needed time to develop the characters and that is what is happening now. As I am reading some of the other comments I see where it may be a one season show.

Add me to the list of loving Dylan McDermett, and great idea of having a separate storyline each season.

I have heard and read that Blacklist is still creaming it in the ratings. Critics say both shows are brilliant.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226 View Post
    I have heard and read that Blacklist is still creaming it in the ratings. Critics say both shows are brilliant.
    I've tried getting into The Blacklist but so far, it's a no-go for me, even though it appears to be a great show. Just haven't been able to warm up to it as yet.
    Debb70 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I've tried getting into The Blacklist but so far, it's a no-go for me, even though it appears to be a great show. Just haven't been able to warm up to it as yet.
    Its very good( very) but for me these are two very different shows. They are both done very well, James Spader can do no wrong in my book, but, having said that Dylan McDermott has showed what he is made of in this show . I hope they both have continued success
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Its very good( very) but for me these are two very different shows. They are both done very well, James Spader can do no wrong in my book, but, having said that Dylan McDermott has showed what he is made of in this show . I hope they both have continued success
    James Spader is definitely amazing.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

I have been a James Spader fan for many years, but for some reason, I can't get into Blacklist.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I have been a James Spader fan for many years, but for some reason, I can't get into Blacklist.
    Glad to see I'm not the only one feeling this way. I just can't follow the plot or something...not sure what it is.

+ Reply to Thread