+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Hostages

This show is like The Following in that regard. You wonder how long the show can continue with such a plot. Will be interesting to see how the writers go about keeping up the level of intensity and suspense.
    Punkin likes this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Why did she even call her husband .I kept yelling just go to the children -just go on the bus. But, no(sigh)
    That really annoyed me and next episode it looks like she goes back to save him. I wonder if she sends the kids to Montreal without her. I am curious how they thought they would get away with the escape attempt. There are a lot of powerful people involved and they aren't just going to let her go. They would find her and the kids. Plus the secret service task force would wonder why the doctor and her whole family disappeared in addition to the nurse. They have a high chance of being found.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Wow, I didn't realize how good this show is. I just got caught up yesterday and it is intense.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Wow, I didn't realize how good this show is. I just got caught up yesterday and it is intense.
    Isn't it though?? One of my favourites of the new season.

Oooh I love this show!

How horrible that Duncan made her not only dig her best friend's grave but bury her as well. For the first few episodes I was thinking he had somewhat of a heart but this past couple of episodes have proven him to be completely beyond evil.

Interesting that he called the cops on the other guy. At first I thought the cops were "in" on it with them, but realized the cop had no idea what was going on and simply thought Duncan was giving them an anonymous tip.

Next week's episode looks good!

FORT Fogey

THis show continues to impress me, especially with cliff hangers week to week. There have been a few times that in the middle of an episode, I start to decide that it's lost it's appeal and I'm losing interest. But every single week, at the end of the ep, I can't wait to find out what happens next!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I'm enjoying the show, but I have to wonder how long this can actually continue. It's seems REALLY high-concept, which means that it will be hard to sustain this intensity. I keep wondering what they're going to do once the family eventually gets away from their captors. I mean, they can't live in that house forever without something happening to end the situation permanently. How will they continue to include Ellen and her family in the show? If she doesn't operate on the President, someone else will. Then what? Will we ever find out WHY the President has been targeted for assassination?

Like I said, I enjoy the show, but I can't help wondering how the show will continue. The plot seems more well-suited to a short run like with Missing.

I haven't seen much of Toni Collete's work lately, so I was shocked at her weight loss. She's never been conventionally beautiful, but the weight loss has made her face look SO thin and angular.
    I read that Hostages is only intended to run for one season. They could go the way of American Horror Story - each season is a totally separate storyline. This is one of my favorite shows this year. I've always loved Dylan McDermett - ahh the old days of The Practice!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I read that Hostages is only intended to run for one season. They could go the way of American Horror Story - each season is a totally separate storyline. This is one of my favorite shows this year. I've always loved Dylan McDermett - ahh the old days of The Practice!
    Funny I was thinking that just this morning...that maybe the show was only meant as a one-season show. Would make sense I suppose. Either way, like you I've always loved me some Dylan McDermott and was a devoted fan of The Practice which is when I became a fan of his.

Did anyone else know that Dylan's mother is the one who wrote The Vagina Monologues? I found that to be so interesting...he was on Queen Latifah show a few weeks ago and mentioned it. He said when he was growing up his mother was always talking to him about vaginas...LOL

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Oooh I love this show!

How horrible that Duncan made her not only dig her best friend's grave but bury her as well. For the first few episodes I was thinking he had somewhat of a heart but this past couple of episodes have proven him to be completely beyond evil.

Interesting that he called the cops on the other guy. At first I thought the cops were "in" on it with them, but realized the cop had no idea what was going on and simply thought Duncan was giving them an anonymous tip.

Next week's episode looks good!
    I want this show to be 2 hours. The hour was up and they showed what was to come, and we both went wow! Dylan plays his part well .I cant quite figure out what he is thinking- I like that.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Yes, it is only 15 episodes. I think I wrote that a few pages back. I would love to see Dylan McDermott go back to American Horror Story, since he was in the first season.

+ Reply to Thread