+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Re: Hostages

Finally getting around to watching all the episodes for this show so far and I'm hooked. So many layers, sub-plots, double-crossings and possible other catastrophes, I can't wait to see how this season plays out.

Of course looking at Dylan McDermott's beautiful face 'ain't all that bad either.
    Punkin and Starbucks880 like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    Finally getting around to watching all the episodes for this show so far and I'm hooked. So many layers, sub-plots, double-crossings and possible other catastrophes, I can't wait to see how this season plays out.

Of course looking at Dylan McDermott's beautiful face 'ain't all that bad either.
    I agree bee, he is beautiful
    bee stung lips likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I've decided this show is too intense for me, I can literally feel my blood pressure rise during some scenes. The suspense in each episode may literally kill me . I do want to know how it turns out though so I think I'll tune back in when it's down to the last couple of episodes and just read recaps until then.

All this time I thought the wife was in a coma but see that she can talk and walk. I did miss a snippet from Monday's show so did they say how the other hostage taker, the "nicer" one, has a connection to Duncan's wife? He seemed like he was more close to them than just a friend of the family. I wonder if he's her brother, his brother, or some other relative and that's why he was brought in.

At first I thought Ellen should have got on the bus with the kids anyway but then if her husband dies I think the bad guys would have found a way to make it look like she did it.

Anyway, like I said, it's too much for me to watch so I'll just enjoy reading about it until it nears the end of its run (if it's not yanked before then).
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

Why did she even call her husband .I kept yelling just go to the children -just go on the bus. But, no(sigh)
    Kip and ArchieComic Fan like this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Why did Dr. Sanders (can't remember her name), cut her pinky (to me it almost looked like she chopped it off) in episode two? Can't remember seeing how that played into the storyline.

Why did Dr. Sanders (can't remember her name), cut her pinky (to me it almost looked like she chopped it off) in episode two? Can't remember seeing how that played into the storyline.
    She was going to cut it deeply or as my DH says (cut it off) ,so she wouldn't be able to operate
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She was going to cut it deeply or as my DH says (cut it off) ,so she wouldn't be able to operate
    So she must have changed her mind because I don't remember seeing it shown again.

Anyway, the Sanders family is so screwed. Duncan wasn't too happy with the hubby's escape attempt.

So she must have changed her mind because I don't remember seeing it shown again.

Anyway, the Sanders family is so screwed. Duncan wasn't too happy with the hubby's escape attempt.
    She did, she couldn't do it. Duncan shot him -so no I guess he isn't pleased
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    She did, she couldn't do it. Duncan shot him -so no I guess he isn't pleased
    Not sure the black guy is fully on Duncan's side. Sometimes I think he is and sometimes I think he's planning to go rogue.

I'm enjoying the show, but I have to wonder how long this can actually continue. It's seems REALLY high-concept, which means that it will be hard to sustain this intensity. I keep wondering what they're going to do once the family eventually gets away from their captors. I mean, they can't live in that house forever without something happening to end the situation permanently. How will they continue to include Ellen and her family in the show? If she doesn't operate on the President, someone else will. Then what? Will we ever find out WHY the President has been targeted for assassination?

Like I said, I enjoy the show, but I can't help wondering how the show will continue. The plot seems more well-suited to a short run like with Missing.

I haven't seen much of Toni Collete's work lately, so I was shocked at her weight loss. She's never been conventionally beautiful, but the weight loss has made her face look SO thin and angular.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

+ Reply to Thread