+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Re: Hostages

This is true. If her husband dies, it would put too much focus on her family and her. And with the stress of the murder of their father, the kids might freak out and tell it all. Still, there has to be something to get through to this woman. She really doesn't take them seriously. Maybe the death of the nurse, (if she's really dead) will snap her into reality.

Maybe I'm odd, but if people were holding my family and telling me that they would kill them if I didn't kill someone else.....I think I would do it. My family is my top priority. Call me weak, but my first obligation is to my husband and kids, right? It's like self defense or defense of others. Legally, you have the duty to defend your husband and kids.

And if I just couldn't do it, then I would have reported it to the Secret Service or 911 or something. She doesn't know who she can trust, but I would have done something, I think. Even if I just announced it to the tv cameras. If she did that, the abductors would be too busy getting away to worry about the family...hopefully.

If she had reported it secretly, then the President's staff could have acted as if they didn't know about the plan and go along with it while they investigate who is holding her family and how to get them out safely. The problem is that the President's right hand man is the one behind it. Perhaps the President is on to him though.

Lots of ways this thing could go.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-04-2013 at 08:41 AM.

We really enjoyed this episode, there are so many ways this could go.
    echo226 and bee stung lips like this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Hmmmm. The fake killing of the dog was supposed to work ... to be convincing ... prove they were serious ... but the kidnapper showed compassion for the son.

If I thought they killed my dog, I don't know if I would have asked them why. I fear my response would have been quite different!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Hmmm. I wonder if Duncan's reason for wanting the president dead has to do with his wife in the coma. His father in law is on board and keeps acting like it is an important reason and it seems to be different than the chief of staff's reason. I do think I would go ahead and kill the president, though part of me thinks if there is a good chance I would be killed regardless, I would want to go out with my integrity intact. I also wonder about the addict hostage taker Kramer. He seems to nice to be a hostage taker and I think he is the weakest link out of all of them. I think if I were taking hostages, I would want my team a little more ruthless.

I thought the husband's escape plan was crazy. He never once mentioned the gps tracker devices. I hope they remove them, and can they really remove them without attracting attention and getting caught? Also, does she really think the hostage taker shadowing her is too stupid to know she slipped out somehow and will figure her out?

I turned the channel about 10 minutes in last night. I just couldn't take it. The fact that the son is telling the kidnapper that this older guy is going to kick his butt over the debt he owes him and the kidnapper just blows it off, drove me crazy. How could anyone with half a brain not realize it's a problem that should be nipped in the bud. If not, it could turn into a really big problem. I was so annoyed with that part, that I chose to walk away from the show.

I'll come back here to see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I turned the channel about 10 minutes in last night. I just couldn't take it. The fact that the son is telling the kidnapper that this older guy is going to kick his butt over the debt he owes him and the kidnapper just blows it off, drove me crazy. How could anyone with half a brain not realize it's a problem that should be nipped in the bud. If not, it could turn into a really big problem. I was so annoyed with that part, that I chose to walk away from the show.

I'll come back here to see what happens.
    I was surprised about that as well. The son gets the crap kicked out of him by Nico the drug dealer. The nice hostage taker Kramer wanted to do something, but the girl stopped him and snickered at how the son couldn't fight. Kramer does go back and beats the drug dealer up and throws money at him and threatens him. It looks like the problem might be taken care of (even though it should have been dealt with the first night they were taken hostage and those threatening texts were appearing). Even though I found it odd the kidnappers didn't care about this guy Nico being a real problem, I found it even more odd when the dad saw his son's bruised face and the son saying it was over the money he took, he didn't just give him the money.
    Debb70 likes this.

We are really enjoying this show!! Very clever of her to seek out the daughter, I wonder if she will find his wife?? Love Toni Collette
    -Andy Rooney-

Maybe the Doctor can help the head kidnapper's wife. It's all so mysterious. I doubt I'll tune back in, but do want to read here what happens.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    You need to see episode one. See if its online bee, or on demand. Some of these are repeating on Saturday, I checked for another friend
    I'm going to check into it. Really behind on getting started watching it. Tks!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Maybe the Doctor can help the head kidnapper's wife. It's all so mysterious. I doubt I'll tune back in, but do want to read here what happens.
    I was thinking the same thing Debb.
    -Andy Rooney-

+ Reply to Thread