+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 189
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

  1. #21
    9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Posts
    3,009

    Re: Hostages

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    The nurse is understandably upset and she leaves a note on the Dr.'s desk asking her to meet her after work for drinks at this bar. In the meantime, Head FBI kidnapper questions Dr. and it is determined that finger prints on the drug room will somehow implicate the Dr. and it is determined that the investigation into the matter MUST be shut down.

    So, the black FBI kidnapper agent shows up flirting with the nurse at the bar, before the Dr. arrives. The nurse and black FBI Agent leave together. The Dr. is late and the nurse not at the bar when she arrives, so she goes to the nurse's house to make sure she's okay. No one comes to the door. While at the door, the Secret Service guy who is heading the investigation shows up to see the nurse. Dr. tells him nurse is not coming to the door. They leave.

    When Dr. gets home, they are watching tv and it is announced that the nurse's car is found on a bridge with a suicide note inside. The nurse is no where to be found, presumably she is dead in the river.

    Dr. freaks out and lashes out at the head FBI guy for killing her friend, but he turns it around and says that she is the one who killed that nurse, because she failed to get her to confess to administering the improper medication to the President. I'm not sure if they really killed the nurse or not. They may be holding her, but to make the scheme work, it would seem they had to kill her, because if she is released later, it would open up a whole big can of worms.

    I'm also wondering if the FBI agents are going to frame it so the death of the President falls on the doctor. With their skills and access, they could plant all kind of things that couldl make it look like the Dr. was a lone assassin, thereby, preventing a full investigation. They may be totally lying about walking away and no on ever knowing. I'm ready for a twist.
    Thanks so much for filling me in, Debb.


    echo, I don't think we have been told why it is so important that the POTUS is killed, or if we have, I missed it also.

  2. #22
    FORT Fogey Debb70's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Posts
    10,290

    Re: Hostages

    I was dismayed to see that with this HUGE, top secret, mission, they sent a sub in who is a drug addict. Note the guy who was filling in for the guy who left to meet the nurse. Dylan's character walks in and catches him with a pill bottle. He asked him if he's still in recovery. Well, we know just how many drug addicts are honest about their drug use, especially when they have relapsed. I'm not sure this mission was the best one for a drug addict.

    Then, when the son tells this guy, that the guy he owes money to is going to come after him, the guy just says, it's not his problem. Well, anyone with a brain, would know that having this guy break the son's legs, is going to put the doctor back in the spotlight and no one wants that to happen. No common sense.

    I also wondered about the conversation the doctor had with her daughter on the bed. Her daughter was confused as to why her mom was taking so many chances and not doing what the abductors had asked. Mom goes on about how one day she will understand and respect her decision, but MOM, I'll be dead and there will never be a chance for me to respect your decision. What part of killing her family does she not get. It was a big mistake to not kill her husband. She does not take them seriously.

    I'm still hoping things get better. I'm hanging in there.

  3. #23
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,759

    Re: Hostages

    Oh crap, I forgot this looked interesting and didn't set my DVR to record it. I will have to catch up and set to record
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  4. #24
    Live-Love-Laugh Fanny Mare's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    23,315

    Re: Hostages

    Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    Oh crap, I forgot this looked interesting and didn't set my DVR to record it. I will have to catch up and set to record
    I think it repeats on Saturday( its also on demand)
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

  5. #25
    FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    hangin' with the girls drinking Cosmos
    Posts
    7,759

    Re: Hostages

    Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I think it repeats on Saturday( its also on demand)
    Thanks Fanny, I'll probably catch it on demand
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

  6. #26
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Hostages

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was dismayed to see that with this HUGE, top secret, mission, they sent a sub in who is a drug addict. Note the guy who was filling in for the guy who left to meet the nurse. Dylan's character walks in and catches him with a pill bottle. He asked him if he's still in recovery. Well, we know just how many drug addicts are honest about their drug use, especially when they have relapsed. I'm not sure this mission was the best one for a drug addict.

    Then, when the son tells this guy, that the guy he owes money to is going to come after him, the guy just says, it's not his problem. Well, anyone with a brain, would know that having this guy break the son's legs, is going to put the doctor back in the spotlight and no one wants that to happen. No common sense.

    I also wondered about the conversation the doctor had with her daughter on the bed. Her daughter was confused as to why her mom was taking so many chances and not doing what the abductors had asked. Mom goes on about how one day she will understand and respect her decision, but MOM, I'll be dead and there will never be a chance for me to respect your decision. What part of killing her family does she not get. It was a big mistake to not kill her husband. She does not take them seriously.

    I'm still hoping things get better. I'm hanging in there.
    They are calling the lead FBI guy (Dylan McD) a "rogue" FBI agent. Perhaps his choices of accomplices is limited?

    We also still don't know why this is all happening.

    As to some of your comments regarding plot and dialogue flaws interestingly ... Dylan McD said "We have thought of everything" apparently the screenwriters have not.
    Debb70 likes this.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  7. #27
    FORT Fogey Starbucks880's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    America
    Posts
    1,099

    Re: Hostages

    Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I was dismayed to see that with this HUGE, top secret, mission, they sent a sub in who is a drug addict. Note the guy who was filling in for the guy who left to meet the nurse. Dylan's character walks in and catches him with a pill bottle. He asked him if he's still in recovery. Well, we know just how many drug addicts are honest about their drug use, especially when they have relapsed. I'm not sure this mission was the best one for a drug addict.

    Then, when the son tells this guy, that the guy he owes money to is going to come after him, the guy just says, it's not his problem. Well, anyone with a brain, would know that having this guy break the son's legs, is going to put the doctor back in the spotlight and no one wants that to happen. No common sense.

    I also wondered about the conversation the doctor had with her daughter on the bed. Her daughter was confused as to why her mom was taking so many chances and not doing what the abductors had asked. Mom goes on about how one day she will understand and respect her decision, but MOM, I'll be dead and there will never be a chance for me to respect your decision. What part of killing her family does she not get. It was a big mistake to not kill her husband. She does not take them seriously.

    I'm still hoping things get better. I'm hanging in there.
    I think they should have killed the husband as well. She needs more than mind games to get through to her. I am kind of torn about her decision. To me there would be no question of what to do, but then again, they could very feasibly kill her family regardless of what happens. I wouldn't have a huge amount of trust in them. I am curious about the vast conspiracy to kill the president. They have a lot of players, even though I really don't see why they need her to kill him--there are other ways to do it without being obvious.

    Anyway, it is always good to see Dylan Mcdermott. He can take me hostage any time. ;-)

  8. #28
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Hostages

    Quote Originally Posted by Starbucks880 View Post
    I think they should have killed the husband as well. She needs more than mind games to get through to her. I am kind of torn about her decision. To me there would be no question of what to do, but then again, they could very feasibly kill her family regardless of what happens. I wouldn't have a huge amount of trust in them. I am curious about the vast conspiracy to kill the president. They have a lot of players, even though I really don't see why they need her to kill him--there are other ways to do it without being obvious.

    Anyway, it is always good to see Dylan Mcdermott. He can take me hostage any time. ;-)
    They may have already killed that innocent Nurse ... with no explanation of the purpose of the mission.

    I think the nurse disappearing and possible suicide sends the message to the Surgeon. Although the captors want to distract the SS from investigating the Doctor, this is also loosely seen by the Doc as a punishment.

    Killing the philandering husband would have been too big of a stretch. Killing him would serve no purpose.

    Also ... they are supposedly switching surgeon... so this is a lot of fence siting by all.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

  9. #29
    Kip
    Kip is offline
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Posts
    1,663

    Re: Hostages

    For me as a viewer, killing off the husband would mean that I'd be more on the edge of my seat for the rest of the show. On most shows when a someone says tell me ____ or your cut your eye out, you know that's not going to happen. On "24", when Jack Bauer said something like that, I knew it was a possibility.

    I'm enjoying the show. I'm of course wondering why they want the president killed (revenge, political power, the president is about to do something terrible...?). But, why is it necessary to make the killing of the president look like an accident? With the White House guy involved, surely they could know the president's schedule to take him out with an obvious assassination method.

  10. #30
    FORT Aficionado echo226's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Location
    Stuck in the Middle
    Posts
    8,645

    Re: Hostages

    Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    For me as a viewer, killing off the husband would mean that I'd be more on the edge of my seat for the rest of the show. On most shows when a someone says tell me ____ or your cut your eye out, you know that's not going to happen. On "24", when Jack Bauer said something like that, I knew it was a possibility.

    I'm enjoying the show. I'm of course wondering why they want the president killed (revenge, political power, the president is about to do something terrible...?). But, why is it necessary to make the killing of the president look like an accident? With the White House guy involved, surely they could know the president's schedule to take him out with an obvious assassination method.

    I was thinking that any hint of "governmental" involvement" ... might point to the FBI in some way ... and focus attention there?

    Remember ... they wanted to give them a "who and how" with the blood thinner that absolutely points away from them and their plan.

    Also ... an assassination attempt ... would direct attention to "shortcomings" in security in all the agencies responsible for safety/security, etc.

    ETA/ALSO Killing the Doc's husband would put the "authorities" right at the Doctors door. It just would open the wrong investigations that would probably thwart their plans. . This Nurse thing has successfully compartmentalized this as an accident/error by minor hospital personnel. Killing the husband would keep attention on the Doc.
    Last edited by echo226; 10-03-2013 at 08:30 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

    " The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.