+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Re: Hostages

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I loved it! Did you see that look the Dr. gave into the tv camera at the end? OMG. I found the show very amusing. I'm trying to figure out what is going on. Is the Dylan character a good guy or a bad guy? I'm wondering if he is doing this for some good reason. Like does he know the President is really a terrorist and he's trying to take him out? Are bad people holding his wife with this illness as hostage, so he has to kill the President to get her a cure? So many possiblities.

The guy who plays the Dr.'s husband was also in Damages and another network drama last season. The name of it escapes me. It was about the hunt for the killer of a young girl socialite in NY. I like this actor.

I'll be watching this show and recording Blacklist.
    I think you're referring to Tate Donovan. He's an excellent actor with a very long resume in both tv and film. I think the other show you mention was Deception.
    Debb70 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

So this is only a one season show(if it lasts that long I mean) ?

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

I enjoyed it but cannot see how they'll make a whole season of this premise... or even more seasons. Time will tell, I suppose.

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlena_M View Post
    I enjoyed it but cannot see how they'll make a whole season of this premise... or even more seasons. Time will tell, I suppose.
    We just saw the preview for next week, this might take many turns. So far we like it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    So this is only a one season show(if it lasts that long I mean) ?
    They did announce that it is a series lasting 15 episodes.

However ... this article explains nore about why thay chose to do it this way and what "limited series"means.

Hostages: How Much Life Is in CBS' New "Limited Series"? - Today's News: Our Take | TVGuide.com

EDIT ... By the way, the full pilot episode is online at CBS. They are also calling Duncan a rogue FBI agent doing the wrong thing for the right reasons.

I can't help but think this series and the timing has something to do with the Affordable Care Act. Maybe.
    Last edited by echo226; 09-27-2013 at 03:08 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

There were spots that pushed my buttons last night, but I think I'll hang in there. For example. If the Dr. is under suspicion, then wouldn't they be following her around and notice when she left the hospital building to go outside and sit in the car with an FBI agent? Wouldn't that seem odd? And if someone took a polygraph and then walked out of the room and doubled over and grimmiced as in pain, I would think they had something to hide, no? lol

Does anyone think they really killed the nurse or just abducted her until the thing is over?

I hadn't planned on watching this. The subject matter just didn't seem like it would do it for me.
    But on Saturday I accidently taped it, thinking there was a 2 hour 48Hours on. I loved it!!

Unfortunately it's on at the same time as Castle, so I taped it yesterday. That's what I'll be doing. I was planning to tape The Blacklist, especially because of James Spader. But with my watch-one-tape-one thing, one of them has to be cut. The Blacklist is the cut.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Ten Pin Bowling Champion, Bookworm Champion Eastcoastmom's Avatar

Help! What happened in the last ten minutes or so? Both hubby and I fell asleep! I saw up to the part where the doctor and surgical nurse were talking and the doctor told the nurse that maybe she should admit that she made a mistake.

The nurse is understandably upset and she leaves a note on the Dr.'s desk asking her to meet her after work for drinks at this bar. In the meantime, Head FBI kidnapper questions Dr. and it is determined that finger prints on the drug room will somehow implicate the Dr. and it is determined that the investigation into the matter MUST be shut down.

So, the black FBI kidnapper agent shows up flirting with the nurse at the bar, before the Dr. arrives. The nurse and black FBI Agent leave together. The Dr. is late and the nurse not at the bar when she arrives, so she goes to the nurse's house to make sure she's okay. No one comes to the door. While at the door, the Secret Service guy who is heading the investigation shows up to see the nurse. Dr. tells him nurse is not coming to the door. They leave.

When Dr. gets home, they are watching tv and it is announced that the nurse's car is found on a bridge with a suicide note inside. The nurse is no where to be found, presumably she is dead in the river.

Dr. freaks out and lashes out at the head FBI guy for killing her friend, but he turns it around and says that she is the one who killed that nurse, because she failed to get her to confess to administering the improper medication to the President. I'm not sure if they really killed the nurse or not. They may be holding her, but to make the scheme work, it would seem they had to kill her, because if she is released later, it would open up a whole big can of worms.

I'm also wondering if the FBI agents are going to frame it so the death of the President falls on the doctor. With their skills and access, they could plant all kind of things that couldl make it look like the Dr. was a lone assassin, thereby, preventing a full investigation. They may be totally lying about walking away and no on ever knowing. I'm ready for a twist.
    Last edited by Debb70; 10-01-2013 at 06:35 PM.

I don't know what is SO important that there is a mission is to kill the POTUS ... and they are holding a family hostage under threat of death in order to accomplish this ... and they may have killed an innocent young woman/nurse.

Do we know and I missed something?
    Last edited by echo226; 10-01-2013 at 08:58 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread