+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Hostages

I guess it's not just me. I watched the finale last night. I paid attention during the first hour, but by the second hour, my attention wandered and I answered emails and stuff. I'm consdiering the 2nd hour again to get the details, but probably won't - I'm just not feeling it.

AcookerTV - I agree that this show went on too long. It probably would have been best as a 4- or 6-episode show. There were too many unnecessary and unbelievable twists and turns.

The BBC show "Luther" is one of my favorites. I think the first two seasons were 6 episodes each, and the last season was 4 episodes. I like being "on the edge of my seat" throughout the shows and being left wanting more. That's how it was with Hostages during the first few shows - but they strung it out so long, that I lost interest.
    redsox girl likes this.

I'm glad it's over too. That's not a good sign for a tv show.

Did anyone think that when Duncan was saying goodbye to his wife at the end, he was thinking of how he regretted he had fallen in love with Ellen? He didn't say it, but I just got that feeling.

Since Duncan went in to confess, how in the world is he going to do that without exposing all the secrets about his wife and Ellen's family, and all the others too? Makes no sense.

And the main thing was the bone marrow transplant. How likely is it that a team of doctors are going to take a bag of bone marrow that they have no idea where it came from and put it into their patient? How will she explain she just came into this perfect match bone marrow, but she can't say where she got it. Wouldn't they have questions? It's so outrageous that I can't even sort of buy it.

What do you think the POTUS's wife and sister-in-law had in store for him? Were they going to kill him or make him resign?

There was one part that just CRACKED me up. I laughed so hard when Duncan had his gun pointed at the bad buy Colonel. He was getting ready to kill him, when his cell phone rings. Duncan calmly answers the phone while holding a gun on the guy he's getting ready to kill and says, Hello........lol It was so outrageous and ridiculous. It was like checking your voice mail in the middle of performing CPR. So absurd. lol
    Kip and redsox girl like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    I'm glad it's over too. That's not a good sign for a tv show.

Did anyone think that when Duncan was saying goodbye to his wife at the end, he was thinking of how he regretted he had fallen in love with Ellen? He didn't say it, but I just got that feeling.

Since Duncan went in to confess, how in the world is he going to do that without exposing all the secrets about his wife and Ellen's family, and all the others too? Makes no sense.

And the main thing was the bone marrow transplant. How likely is it that a team of doctors are going to take a bag of bone marrow that they have no idea where it came from and put it into their patient? How will she explain she just came into this perfect match bone marrow, but she can't say where she got it. Wouldn't they have questions? It's so outrageous that I can't even sort of buy it.

What do you think the POTUS's wife and sister-in-law had in store for him? Were they going to kill him or make him resign?

There was one part that just CRACKED me up. I laughed so hard when Duncan had his gun pointed at the bad buy Colonel. He was getting ready to kill him, when his cell phone rings. Duncan calmly answers the phone while holding a gun on the guy he's getting ready to kill and says, Hello........lol It was so outrageous and ridiculous. It was like checking your voice mail in the middle of performing CPR. So absurd. lol
    You brought up so many of the points that were left hanging.
    At the time I thought that Duncan's wife was going to arrange the bone marrow transplant through Ellen, or have her do it if it's within the realm of what she does. But when Ellen & her family left that pretty much cancelled out that thought.
    There were so many things left unfinished or unexplained. I would have liked a little more.

One thing I really liked was when Duncan said that through all that had gone on, that Ellen never lost who she was, but that he did. That was a bit of honest introspection that I didn't expect.
    Kip and redsox girl like this.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Still, Duncan's wife is likely to survive. I think he thinks it was all worth it. If he hadn't gone thorugh all that, she might have died.

I agree with the person upthread who said that arranging for the theft of the bone marrow would have been easier and better, but I guess Duncan didn't have that option, because he needed the guy at the top to pull so many strings and that particular guy wanted the POTUS dead and not just robbed of bone marrow.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    YES! It was hilarious, like a sitcom how he still paused and answered his phone, "hello?" haha

Duncan kidnaps her family, threatens to kill her family, HER CHILDREN, has her best friend killed, has Ellen talk that friend into believing she was responsible for the screw up at the hospital...gets an innocent kid murdered in her house, leaves her husband half dead AND THEY PART IN ALMOST LOVING TERMS???
    That is so ridiculous it's embarrassing.
    And yet, I religiously watched every episode lol And I found myself catching up on my work during the second hour of the finale rather than paying attention very closely.

Deb70 summed up all our questions nicely. If we were to extend the story line we would see how implausible all the various `endings' are for each character and every situation.
    Kip and Debb70 like this.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

I really like Dylan McDermott, but I must admit that almost everytime I would see he was appearing in a move, when I would try to watch the movie, it would be a dud, IMO. I'm not sure what it is. He's really attractive and talented, but his movie choices are lousy.

I did like Runaway Jury.
    Last edited by Debb70; 01-14-2014 at 11:38 AM.

FORT Fan

I thought it was kinda ridiculous that Kramer thought that he would be able to trust Sandrine after what had happened. I would have rather had Archer survive than Sandrine. Also, I didn't like that Duncan turned himself in.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonnie View Post
    I thought it was kinda ridiculous that Kramer thought that he would be able to trust Sandrine after what had happened. I would have rather had Archer survive than Sandrine. Also, I didn't like that Duncan turned himself in.
    I agree. I vastly preferred Archer. He was loyal to Duncan & the mission, nomatter what, right up to the end. I can't say any of that about Sandrine.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread