+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Re: Hostages

Well, Ellen loves Duncan. The presidents wife has had enough, and all was tied up pretty neatly, if not a tad boring
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

There were parts of this show last night that just made me laugh. Even though they weren't supposed to make you laugh.

I think I need to watch it again. Lots of people dropping dead everywhere.

Will Duncan escape prosecution from any murders? He killed in self defense right? Except what about that nurse at the hospital? Didn't he have her killed?

Just getting around to watching this..... so the Sanders still had to leave and assume new identities ? why exactly? Too many people knew Ellen was involved? Is morgan still pregnant? They never talked about it except to use the excuse that Morgan and Brian were at the doctor to throw off Archer.

I really liked this show, but not the ending. The Sanders had the best tv house ever! I think it's pretty much my dream house!

FORT Fogey

I loved the premise of this show. But now that the season is wrapped up, I think the writers came up with a great idea but didn't fully think out how it would all play out. If felt like they had to fill more episodes than they were ready to, so they kept on creating more and more twists. Then all the sudden they had an hour to wrap things up and had to rush through it. I think it would have been better if they'd revealed and wrapped up some things, like the involvement of the presidents wife sooner. The pacing just seemed off.
    Kip likes this.

The President's wife wasn't involved... not until the very end when she found out about what her husband did to Duncan's wife's mother. I don't see how they could have brought her in any sooner based on that.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

FORT Fogey

What I mean is that developments like that could have happened a few episodes earlier. The surgery day could have started in an earlier episode and carried through more episodes. Then they would not have had to create all the confusing twists that were meant to fill time, and spent more time detailing the wrap up.

The surgery day lasting more than an episode or two would have been boring though. Most viewers prefer quicker moving storylines. I thought it moved slowly enough as it was (in terms of real time). Watching Ellen doing surgery on the Pres more than an episode or two at the most, would have turned me off from the show.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    The surgery day lasting more than an episode or two would have been boring though. Most viewers prefer quicker moving storylines. I thought it moved slowly enough as it was (in terms of real time). Watching Ellen doing surgery on the Pres more than an episode or two at the most, would have turned me off from the show.
    The ending was very weak, shame really.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fogey

Exactly. The weak ending made it boring, which is why I think doing things different could have made it better. They felt a need to not wrap anything up until the last episode. If you compare it to the way they used to do 24, on that show, they'd resolve some stuff before the end. It was paced story wise (time aside) so you got resolution, which meant a need for fewer plot developments. Overall the show would have been better if they took that approach.
    Punkin and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by mina View Post
    Just getting around to watching this..... so the Sanders still had to leave and assume new identities ? why exactly? Too many people knew Ellen was involved? Is morgan still pregnant? They never talked about it except to use the excuse that Morgan and Brian were at the doctor to throw off Archer.

I really liked this show, but not the ending. The Sanders had the best tv house ever! I think it's pretty much my dream house!
    I got the feeling they were leaving for a fresh start by choice. Too much stuff had gone down in their home, in their jobs & in that area. Too many people had died who they cared about. They wanted a fresh start somewhere else.

However, if that was the case, I wish they would have said so. It was a bit odd that they just walked away from that beautiful home & especially from her job as a surgeon, without any warning. It will look much odder that they just disappeared rather than quit their jobs, sold their house & moved in a normal manner.

The show did wrap most of the important stuff up, but the end really was rushed. A little old fashioned written epilogue on the screen would have been nice.
    I enjoyed this show while it was on, but I'm glad it's over.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

+ Reply to Thread