+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Re: Hostages

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    Eastcoastmom posted elsewhere that they were filming for Hostages in her town. It's too late to be for this season, right? I'm dying to know more details. Maybe she'll post it here.

Do you know how many people were involved?
    It has to be this season since the show hasn't been (and probably won't be) renewed.

I don't care who lives of who dies as long as Brian gets taken out. He's the most colossally stupid character on this show.
    Lil Bit likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Oh, I thought the episodes for this season were already in the can months ago. And I thought it had been renewed. I'll double check.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Scarlet View Post
    What happened to the boyfriend? Is he dead? How? If so, why isn't the daughter upset?
    Also, no one talks about the pregnancy anymore. Did she lose the baby?
    On the other hand, the bouncer, or valet, or whatever he was, who was killed, pretty much in self defense, has been brought up every single episode since, repeatedly & for all intents & purposes he was just a cast extra with little to no storyline.

I haven't missed any of the episodes, but I have a habit of doing other things, like taking the dog outside or getting myself a cup of coffee, or taking a phone call, or doing the dishes.
    I guess I'd better not leave the room anymore.
    Her boyfriend was murdered by Duncan. Todd(the boyfriend) was told by the daughter not to come to the house anymore because she didn't love him (per order of Duncan). Todd also believed, through a series of events, that the daughter was being physically abused at home and feared for her safety. Her even cooperated with CPS. Because he was unaware she is being held hostage and because, through another series of coincidences he thinks Duncan is her Dad, rather than an inept kidnapper, Todd decided to rescue the daughter/girlfriend, unaware of course that Duncan would be armed. His main concern was saving his girlfriend from all of the threats he perceived to be present (unaware of the actual threat). While trying to flee the house with girlfriend in tow, Todd is confronted by Duncan . Todd tries to get his girlfriend to safety during this showdown in the kitchen, but is shot dead in the process. She is indeed horrified. The hostage takers roll his body up in a carpet and haul his remains to an undisclosed location. They will not tell her where. After a few days, Todd's family is concerned as they haven't heard from or been able to make contact with their son. The Dad shows up at the house to question his son's whereabouts. At some point the father comes to believe his son has run off to join a fishing boat in Alaska (info fed to him via the daughter per Duncan's order). Why he would believe his son would suddenly stop talking to him again requires the viewer to suspend belief in reality. The pregnancy has been mentioned throughout the season, though more of a side note. The way things are going I expect her to give birth and watch her son graduate from a home schooling program before these kidnappers actually carry out their mission. Also, the kids Dad has noticed the children's complacency taking over and in secret he tells both of them that watching them cover for the kidnappers, empathies with them worries him as they are beginning to tolerate their behavior, confide in them and make excuses for their behavior rather than be horrified by it. At the end of the secret meeting, in which his two children and their Dad agree if they stick together they can overcome the kidnappers and retain their moral compass, the mom walks in and she is suspicious (since she is now working with the hostage takers, or so we think). It's an interesting moral shift in the dynamics of the parents. In the beginning the father comes across as morally weak as he is having an affair , while the mother refuses, under any circumstances to kill the president. Now, that has flipped. Also, Ellen (the mother) is allowing revenge against her husband to drive her, even if it's in the smallest of ways. after all, she kissed Duncan, a murderer who has threatened to and has brutally attacked her family, after her husband's former mistress screwed with Ellen's head by feeding her a few catty liners. Are Duncan and Ellen playing each other during that kiss? Let's hope so since the whole point of this show is for Duncan to save his wife, even if that means killing Ellen and her family in order to do so.
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Not that it really matters, but I thought the lady kidnapper actually shot the boyfriend. Duncan had a gun drawn on him, but wouldn't shoot the guy. But, when the lady pulled her gun, she shot him. I think Duncan just couldn't do it.

[QUOTE=Debb70;4748714]Not that it really matters, but I thought the lady kidnapper actually shot the boyfriend. Duncan had a gun drawn on him, but wouldn't shoot the guy. But, when the lady pulled her gun, she shot him. I think Duncan just couldn't do it.[/QUOTE

With all the other details I included answering questions, I didn't realize I had unintentionally made it sound like Duncan murdered Todd. Forgot to edit that. So, thanks for the clarification
    "Remember, sometimes your`buddy' isn't really your `buddy'." - Donny

Thank you for the information.
    I saw a lot of the aftermath, as in the boyfriend's father coming to the house telling them his son was on a fishing boat in Alaska & that he was disappointed in him. But it didn't make a lot of sense, since I didn't see the actual killing of the boyfriend or the disposal of the body.
    You miss one thing like that & it throws you off the whole show. I still find it odd that the girlfriend got over it that quickly that she doesn't speak of him anymore. Neither does anyone else for that matter & I'd think that would be a huge deal.

I guess I'd better plant myself on the couch from now on.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Well it is getting more and more convoluted even though I am enjoying the show (no matter how improbable). I wish Duncan would have just finished off Dr. Sanders' husband instead of going along with the idiotic plan. Why can't Brian and the others get it through their head that they are in too deep and not complying will not end well. What is the point of being on some moral high horse when you will get your wife and children killed. Also Duncan, his family, including little Sawyer. Also, Archer and Sandrine will not get paid and they will have no problem going after the family. So despite getting the bone marrow, it just won't end well. And how would they disappear. The colonel is part of the NSA so he has lots of resources to find them should they run. He could put them on the no-fly list, the Interpol most wanted list (make up some story about terrorism), and splash their faces on national news. They can't slip away.

I found it odd that Nina was fine with taking Sawyer out of the country when she is terminally ill and is very near death. That little girl would be in big trouble if she was left alone as a result of her mother dying.

I knew the sister in law would screw over the colonel. I sure wouldn't want to get on his bad side. It is interesting to see what will happen when they turn on each other.
    redsox girl and Debb70 like this.

The colonel always looks like he is wearing makeup( creepy guy)

I am glad Brian phoned Duncan's wife, although her taking Sawyer out of the country - dumb
    Punkin likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Another thing I am puzzled with is how they plan to get the bone marrow. Nina has said she doesn't want it in the way he is getting it. She is not incompetent and has the right to make her own medical decisions, including the right to refuse medical treatment. As for forcing her--I don't think the doctor would go for that unless Duncan holds a gun to his head and a bone marrow transplant requires more than jabbing a needle in someone and injecting it. Also, how will Dr. Sanders explain getting bone marrow during a lung surgery? That will not make sense to anyone and is not part of any normal workup. It would make more sense to switch his labs with a cancer patient or someone with a very abnormal CBC and thus have a bone marrow extraction make logical sense.

FORT Fan

I didn't know that many doctors' came looking for their patients, but I thought this was a really intense episode. I had a bad feeling that Sandrine was about to walk in when Archer noticed the bombs. I hope she gets taken care of soon.

+ Reply to Thread