+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Kip
    FORT Fogey Spider Solitaire Arkadium Champion, Bookworm Champion, Alu`s Revenge Champion, Titans Champion, Sky Blocks Champion

Re: Hostages

The kiss scene didn't ring true to me. I could see Ellen initiating the kiss after having her husband's girlfriend tell her that her husband said their marriage was dead. But Duncan loves his wife so much that he's willing to kill as many people as it takes to keep the plan going, and yet is going to risk things with a kiss?

I'm still having trouble with the original concept. If the people who want the president dead could hire an assassin and get a plan in place in two or three days, why didn't they just do that from the start?

And if Duncan wants the president's bone marrow, why didn't he hold the president's doctor's family hostage, and have the doctor tell the president that he suspects he president might have a bone marrow cancer and needs to extract some to test for it.

Still enjoying the show though - and thought it was hilarious when the chief of staff dropped to the ground when he heard a noise.

I wonder if Ellen is playing Duncan. She's a very clever lady and I just don't think she will go down without a huge fight.....even now. She must have something up her sleeve that she is sharing with no one.

As far as Duncan goes, he may be feigning romance to keep Ellen on track. He loves his wife and will do anything to save her...even if he has to sleep with Ellen to get the job done. AND stress does create a great risk for infidelity. I have read that when a couple is going through crisis, that is when there is the greatest risks of infidelity. I read that when a woman is pregnant, even though it's happy news, it's often then and right after the baby is born that husbands are most likely to cheat! I know....odd.
    Last edited by Debb70; 12-08-2013 at 11:46 AM.

I thought that the reason the Chief of Staff did that was that he was supposed to pretend to trip and fall, therefore leaving a clear shot to the President for the sniper. Sandrine and the other guy (can't remember his name) had already taken out the sniper so nothing happened.
    Debb70 likes this.
    When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down "Happy." They told me I didn't understand the assignment. I told them they didn't understand life. - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Lil Bit View Post
    I thought that the reason the Chief of Staff did that was that he was supposed to pretend to trip and fall, therefore leaving a clear shot to the President for the sniper. Sandrine and the other guy (can't remember his name) had already taken out the sniper so nothing happened.
    That was the reason, yes.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Eastcoastmom posted elsewhere that they were filming for Hostages in her town. It's too late to be for this season, right? I'm dying to know more details. Maybe she'll post it here.

Do you know how many people were involved?

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    The kiss scene didn't ring true to me. I could see Ellen initiating the kiss after having her husband's girlfriend tell her that her husband said their marriage was dead. But Duncan loves his wife so much that he's willing to kill as many people as it takes to keep the plan going, and yet is going to risk things with a kiss?

I'm still having trouble with the original concept. If the people who want the president dead could hire an assassin and get a plan in place in two or three days, why didn't they just do that from the start?

And if Duncan wants the president's bone marrow, why didn't he hold the president's doctor's family hostage, and have the doctor tell the president that he suspects he president might have a bone marrow cancer and needs to extract some to test for it.

Still enjoying the show though - and thought it was hilarious when the chief of staff dropped to the ground when he heard a noise.
    Let's just assume that Duncan was approached by the folks who want the President dead and part of the deal was that Duncan was the one who created the plan, and got that 5 minutes alone as well.
    Last edited by mesachick; 12-10-2013 at 02:33 PM.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

What happened to the boyfriend? Is he dead? How? If so, why isn't the daughter upset?
    Also, no one talks about the pregnancy anymore. Did she lose the baby?
    On the other hand, the bouncer, or valet, or whatever he was, who was killed, pretty much in self defense, has been brought up every single episode since, repeatedly & for all intents & purposes he was just a cast extra with little to no storyline.

I haven't missed any of the episodes, but I have a habit of doing other things, like taking the dog outside or getting myself a cup of coffee, or taking a phone call, or doing the dishes.
    I guess I'd better not leave the room anymore.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

Yes, the boyfriend is dead and he didn't have to go done that way. He was really an idiot. He goes to his former girlfriend's house with a handgun. NO good. Then he forces himself showing this gun like he 's going to take the girl out of there. Mind you that he met Duncan and was introduced as her father, so he thinks Duncan is the girl's dad. Duncan tried to reason with him as did his girlfriend to put the gun down and discuss matters, but he refuses! The female kidnapper comes on on him from behind, sees the gun and shoots him. She gets her shoulder grazed. Boyfriend is shot dead. Daughter was upset, but I think she even realized how unwise he was.

I don't know if she's still pregnant or not. I guess so. I bet she loses it though.

Yipes! I sure did miss a lot.
    What did they do with the body?
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I must have missed the part where they got rid of the body. Perhaps someone can comment on that one. OH, I think the daugther and lady kidnapper sent a text from boyfriend's phone that he was going through with his plans to go out on a longshore fishing boat for 5 months...so his dad came by and told girlfriend. He's not expecting to hear from his son and thinks he did the girl wrong. That's a short term solution, but it's going to come back to bite them when the boy never returns, is reported missing and the last place his phone was used was near girlfriend's house. Just saying.

+ Reply to Thread