+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 19 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 LastLast
Like Tree80Likes

Thread: Hostages

Re: Hostages

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70 View Post
    While I love James Spader, his character on the Blacklist makes me cringe. I'll stick with Hostages, no matter how over the top it becomes.
    That's what he is supposed to do. I think Spader is brilliant, watch him win an award for Red
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bee stung lips View Post
    I'm somewhat ashamed to say it, and I'm sure its not what the producers of the show intended, but more often than not I find myself rooting for Dylan's character.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    Me too, I'ved Dylan McDermott since "The Practice"... and at first I didn't want to see him play a bad guy, but he does it so well I haven't watched the Blacklist yet, but I think between this and Castle, I can't find time for it!

While I like to support as many scripted shows as I can, Hostages is one that doesn't do it for me. I guess I'm just not interested in the someone wants to kill the president idea. It's hardly a new one. I do agree that Dylan McDermott is a very good actor and I'll look forward to seeing him elsewhere.

Blacklist is, for me, unique and I am liking it more each week. Like Lost, it encourages me to engage my brain and try to visualize different scenarios about what is going on. James Spader is fabulous and I like the ensemble cast. I think they have some great guest stars such as Isabella Rossellini and Jane Alexander.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by maxkl View Post
    Me too, I'ved Dylan McDermott since "The Practice"... and at first I didn't want to see him play a bad guy, but he does it so well I haven't watched the Blacklist yet, but I think between this and Castle, I can't find time for it!
    I take it you haven't seen his work in the "American Horror Story" franchise. (I will not spoil any of those plots though)

I admit I've only seen one episode of this though because as mentioned I find the "Let's kill the president" tired. Even if they say "let's do it so we can use the veep as a puppet" is tried and tired.

You know... if they did their history, they could add a better twist, i.e. maybe the Secretary of State (third in line for the presidency) is a member of the opposite political party and the head bad guy (McDermott's character) is to lead the plot so he/she can become president. I guess that's my pet peeve with these shows, they could use this plot theme and still spin it on its head but they just go with the basic cut and dry stuff.

FORT Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by jadewarlock View Post
    I take it you haven't seen his work in the "American Horror Story" franchise. (I will not spoil any of those plots though)

I admit I've only seen one episode of this though because as mentioned I find the "Let's kill the president" tired. Even if they say "let's do it so we can use the veep as a puppet" is tried and tired.

You know... if they did their history, they could add a better twist, i.e. maybe the Secretary of State (third in line for the presidency) is a member of the opposite political party and the head bad guy (McDermott's character) is to lead the plot so he/she can become president. I guess that's my pet peeve with these shows, they could use this plot theme and still spin it on its head but they just go with the basic cut and dry stuff.
    They haven't really come out to way why they want the president dead yet, and who really is all involved, other than there are people on the "inside" that are helping for it to happen.
    There was alot of twists this past episode. I normally tape Hostages and watch Castle, I think that's why I kind of forgot about Blacklist at the beginning of the new season when they all came out. They are all on that same time! I love James Spader too, just run out of time to watch everything!

I haven't seen American Horror Story, might have to look into it .

American Horror is much better, IMO. Disturbing though.

FORT Fan

I remember Archer from the show Dexter, he's a good actor.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

OMG, I just got caught up on the last 3 episodes and this show has left me on the edge of my seat with every episode.
    bee stung lips likes this.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie View Post
    OMG, I just got caught up on the last 3 episodes and this show has left me on the edge of my seat with every episode.
    Yup. Its good. The suspense has been building with each episode. Im looking forward to more unexpected twists and turns.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Loved last night's show. Between saving Duncan's life after her husband stuck him with the needle and "threatening" to release lethal doses of medicine into his wife's system, it seems Ellen had more of the "upper hand" over Duncan this week, which was interesting.
    Coco46, Fanny Mare and Jaceegirl like this.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

+ Reply to Thread