Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 2013 Emmy Awards - CBS

Re: 2013 Emmy Awards - CBS

Of interest to Fans of Reality TV:

Best Reality Show - The Voice

Best Hosts - Heidi Klum and Tim Gunn

Best Choreography - Derek Hough for both solo and non-solo pieces

I let out a little scream when Derek was announced. I loved the dance piece the nominees put together.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Since I don't have pay tv channels, I am not a viewer of many of the nominated shows or characters. I have heard of some, but I haven't seen them.

Re Jim Parsons...he didn't win last year, but this is his third win.

I really like the way they've structured the show this year, and the just for the heck of it - song and dance in the middle of the show with NPH was a hoot.

I was also surprised at how many of those who were in Memoriam I enjoyed watching over the years - how many I recognized.

No one laughed when Bob Newhart stood in the line up of the accountants. I guess they never saw his show where he played an accountant. Anyway, he an Jim Parsons played well off each other when presenting.

It's almost over and I am enjoying it.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

I let out a little scream when Derek was announced. I loved the dance piece the nominees put together.
    I thought The Voice would win. I let out a big scream when Derek won
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies View Post

I liked the choreo piece too, but Derek only won because he's the most visible and recognizable of the noms. NO WAY was his piece (whichever piece he won for) was better than the ones on SYTYCD, especially ANYTHING by Travis Wall. Oh well, I'll just be happy that the choreo award made it to the main awards show.

No surprised with Best Comedy.

Best Drama......no surprise - Breaking Bad. I was hoping for Game of Thrones or House of Cards.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Well that went pretty fast, well done to everyone that won
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I actually watched the credits, and first up as Producer was Neal Patrick Harris. Hmm, no humble host he.

I thought it was a fun way to end the show with Will Farrell's schtick about getting the gig 45 min before when he and his kids were in the middle of soccer practice, a birthday party and a nut allergy. His kids are really cute and very well behaved. I loved the little one hugging the blankie.

Oh, I spotted Chaz sitting next to Julianne Hough in the audience during Derek's acknowledgments.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    Nathan Fillion singing! I adore him!
    They introduced him as Nathan "Castle "Fillion ... love it.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Did anyone enjoy watching Shamar Moore as much as I did? I wanna' be Garcia!
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Having watched Dr. Horrible's Sing Along Blog online, I knew Nathan Fillion was a good singer.He did that with Neil Patrick Harris and Simon Helberg and it was created by Josh Whedon. Very very funny.

I found Rob Reiner's tribute to Jean Stapleton and Robin Williams' tribute to Jonathan Winters particularly touching.

I thought all the nominated choreographer were equally worthy and would have been happy with a win by any of them. As always, I agreed with some winners, disagreed with others. It was a good awards show, though the Tony show is always the best.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Didn't anyone else think that the emmy show was extremely weird and depressing this year? It's like everytime there was a happy, funny moment, they would follow up with a memorial. Twitter even started trending #weirdemmys tonight because of it. People were saying that not only were there strange choices for winners, but the constant memorials were depressing and brought the show down. Not to mention the fact that they cut down the time that the winners were allowed to speak. The music started as soon as they started talking. The whole thing about JFK dying, then the Beatles, followed by Carrie Underwood singing was really out-of-place, but they seemed determined to make this year (in the words of the director of Modern Family) "The saddest Emmys ever".
    Cootie and Imperfect1 like this.

+ Reply to Thread