+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree41Likes

Thread: 2013 Emmy Awards - CBS

Re: 2013 Emmy Awards - CBS

I was out of town and then on the phone once I got home, so I just no remembered the Emmys were on, darnit!

I looked at the list of winners and pretty much none of my picks have won. Really though, when Tatiana Maslany didn't get a Best Actress nom for Orphan Black, the Emmy voters lost all credibility with me.

Happy that Jeff Daniels won. Was it the best performance? Not sure. I DO like it when the wealth gets spread around though. Keeps it interesting.
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I must be the only one alive that doesn't think 30 rock is funny.
    No, you are not the only one.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Derek Hough WTG kiddo!!!!
    maude~flanders likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm watching, even though I don't watch half of the shows on cable that are nominated. I don't watch Veep nor do I watch The Big Bang Theory but it seems like year after year Julia Louis Dreyfuss or Jim Parsons win. Maybe they are deserving, but wasn't this Jim's 3rd straight win? Same for Claire Danes of Homeland. Again, I don't watch any of these shows so perhaps they were the most deserving. Jeff Daniels was funny in his acceptance speech about the AARP Best Actor over 50 award for the Squid and The Whale.

I thought some of the bits were funny. I enjoy NPH as host. Who knew Nathan Fillion could sing? And seeing Bob Newhart is a treat.
    Carrie's version of Yesterday was a yawn, and I like Carrie.

I Sir Elton. He's still got it.

I Elton as well ECM
    Eastcoastmom likes this.
    -Andy Rooney-

Oh, and I am enjoying the tributes to the actors who died this year. I read that Jack Klugman's son was upset that there would not be a tribute to his dad. It's tragic that Cory Monteith died so young, but really, what body of work has he left behind to warrant a tribute over someone like Jack Klugman ?

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    I must be the only one alive that doesn't think 30 rock is funny.
    Okay, it's not just me, then? And I adore Tina Fey, but the show? Never got its appeal. But then again I don't like The Office and everyone else I know loved that show.
    AmyKay likes this.

Edie Nurse Jackie Falco has such a unique voice. I love her- nice tribute to Mr Gandolfini
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    Okay, it's not just me, then? And I adore Tina Fey, but the show? Never got its appeal. But then again I don't like The Office and everyone else I know loved that show.
    Nope don't like The Office( the UK one was great) don't the big bang theory either
    -Andy Rooney-

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    I was out of town and then on the phone once I got home, so I just no remembered the Emmys were on, darnit!

I looked at the list of winners and pretty much none of my picks have won. Really though, when Tatiana Maslany didn't get a Best Actress nom for Orphan Black, the Emmy voters lost all credibility with me.

Happy that Jeff Daniels won. Was it the best performance? Not sure. I DO like it when the wealth gets spread around though. Keeps it interesting.

Same here. Maybe two or three of the people I've chosen have won. Sheesh! The Emmy's have become hard to predict. Bah! And year by year I hope that they remove the applause from the memorial.
    Cootie likes this.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

+ Reply to Thread