+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Sleepy Hollow

Did anyone else catch the pilot tonight? I thought it was really fun! It was over the top - but in a good way. The two leads had excellent chemistry (which will could lead to some tension if Ichabod's witchy wife is rescued from limbo) and I loved how they threw in some humor to go with the spooky mythology. The plot sucked me right in, and I really liked that "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" was truly used just as a springboard for the story....so far there really is no connection - except there's a man named Ichabod Crane, a town called Sleepy Hollow and of course, a headless horseman. But this one, is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Add in a creepy priest who seems to have been around for a really long time, feuding covens, the Book of Revelation, a string of mysterious murders connected through the centuries, and a bit of historical twisting....and I'm looking forward to next week! I really hope Fox gives this one a chance. If the writers actually have an idea of where this is going, it should be a fun, escapist series.
    waywyrd, Coco46 and inthegarden like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Sleepy Hollow

I loved the look on Ichabod's face when he was in the car! Also loved his face...a cutie. I think it may get too "Revelationy" for my taste, but I agree the leads have excellent chemistry. Loved the "you're emancipated?" discussion.... He does seem to be adjusting to modern times pretty quickly though...but there are lots of cute little moments when he looks stunned. I was waiting for the deputy to explain indoor plumbing to him.... Although I guess there were indoor "garderobes" for the wealthy by then....

Agree with everything you said, Katydyd. I really enjoyed the premiere - good effects, some humor thrown in, good chemistry...though Orlando Jones was getting on my nerves in the beginning. Listen to the woman! I didn't mind them revising the mythology, they did a decent job of setting up the plot. And yes, Ichabod is a cutie, but get that man some new clothes!
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Did anyone else catch the pilot tonight? I thought it was really fun! It was over the top - but in a good way. The two leads had excellent chemistry (which will could lead to some tension if Ichabod's witchy wife is rescued from limbo) and I loved how they threw in some humor to go with the spooky mythology. The plot sucked me right in, and I really liked that "The Legend of Sleepy Hollow" was truly used just as a springboard for the story....so far there really is no connection - except there's a man named Ichabod Crane, a town called Sleepy Hollow and of course, a headless horseman. But this one, is one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse. Add in a creepy priest who seems to have been around for a really long time, feuding covens, the Book of Revelation, a string of mysterious murders connected through the centuries, and a bit of historical twisting....and I'm looking forward to next week! I really hope Fox gives this one a chance. If the writers actually have an idea of where this is going, it should be a fun, escapist series.
    Great post! It's a keeper on my DVR.
    football_chick likes this.

Really enjoyed the pilot. I think there is going to be too much paranormal for my comfort but I'll probably stick with it. I agree there's great chemistry.

Shades of Fox' Alcatraz - a hint that lots of townsfolk will be killed each week.

Yes, this was one of the new shows I was most looking forward to...and it didn't disappoint! It's in a good time slot I think (thank god for DVR's - how did we get by without them before?), but it's kinda too bad because I think it would pair well with Grimm - I'm not excited for the new Dracula re-make at all. But Waywyrd, I have to disagree just a teeny bit...I thought Ichabod was kinda rockin' the breeches and boots
    waywyrd and Duckyface like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Looking forward to seeing it on Friday! Thank goodness for an encore.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Yes, this was one of the new shows I was most looking forward to...and it didn't disappoint! It's in a good time slot I think (thank god for DVR's - how did we get by without them before?), but it's kinda too bad because I think it would pair well with Grimm - I'm not excited for the new Dracula re-make at all. But Waywyrd, I have to disagree just a teeny bit...I thought Ichabod was kinda rockin' the breeches and boots
    ...and the accent and the scruffy beard and the eyes....so delicious...pardon me while I swoon.
    Katydyd likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Ichabod was mighty cute...

I'm a huge Irving fan and wish they'd stuck closer to the original story--but obviously there wouldn't be too far to go with that.

The demon in the mirror bit was unbelievably creepy. It actually had me a little scared when I went to bed, and I don't think that's happened since I was 12!

But Waywyrd, I have to disagree just a teeny bit...I thought Ichabod was kinda rockin' the breeches and boots
    Oh, he certainly was - but after being buried in a cave all that time, those clothes had to be a little rank. Poor guy was running all over the city and even got thrown in the institution with nobody offering him something clean.

And yes, that mirror demon was disconcerting, even for a horror fan like myself. Good stuff, FOX.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast