+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Wow!!! :
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

While I luv this show I do have a pet peeve I think the subtitles need to be larger. I have a large screen, well not super large and I can barely make out the script. Anyone else have that problem?
    Coco46 likes this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Yes, even with my glasses I can't read them. I have to get right up to the tv to see them.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Now that seems like the kind of thing that a letter to show might actually get fixed--especially if more than one person writes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Coco46 View Post
    Yes, even with my glasses I can't read them. I have to get right up to the tv to see them.
    I put my glasses on and take a couple of steps toward the screen and it's still hard to make out. The font they are using doesn't help at all.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Same here. They also don't show up all that great against those dark backgrounds, IMHO.

I just felt meh about this episode. When they first put HH in the prison cell with the lights, my first thought was, "What if they ever have a power outage?"

Also, if you're on a top secret mission in enemy country, is that really a good time to tell your partner that you've stabbed him in the back?
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

This weeks episode wasn't well written. The acting was good, but the story was too forced and with too many inconsistencies. The writers did the show no favors, and I'm not in favor of adding in another layer to the story with Ichabod searching for a son. I think we have enough going on personally.
    waywyrd and lizardcat like this.

I liked parts of the episode, but on the whole, it was too close to a low-budget horror movie ("The Trees Are Alive!," now screening at your local drive-in...).

I only glance at the credits, but this show seems to have a lot of different writers. That can't be a good thing when the characters are still being developed.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I liked parts of the episode, but on the whole, it was too close to a low-budget horror movie ("The Trees Are Alive!," now screening at your local drive-in...).

I only glance at the credits, but this show seems to have a lot of different writers. That can't be a good thing when the characters are still being developed.

I just finished watching it, and that was exactly what I was going to say! I was actually laughing during the so-called horror scenes because they were so darn cheesy. And those crows just irritated me. What a cliche. (It's ironic, because just the other day I was reading an article about "Cliches that Every Fantasy Movie Has to Have." Crows were one of them.)

And quite frankly, I couldn't care less about this whole long-lost-son plot. It just feels too contrived. It's like the writers just ran out of imagination after the first few episodes. "Hmmm, there's only four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. How can we stretch this out?" Whatever. Maybe this should have been a movie or mini-series instead.

However, given that this is the plot now, I just have to ask: how in the world did Crane not know Katrina was pregnant? Seriously. They were such a lovey-dovey couple. Wouldn't she have proudly told him as soon as she knew? Or was she afraid to tell him for some reason? Or did Crane die before she knew? I could be mistaken, but in the premier didn't he say that Katrina was the one who put the spell on him so he wouldn't die? Did she not know she was pregnant at that time? I was so distracted trying to figure this mess out that I could barely concentrate on the House of Horrors.

What happened to the sister's proposed Thanksgiving party? Did Abby and Crane get back too late for that? Does Abby not like her sister that much?

I don't usually read credits, so thanks for the heads-up, Lizard. Yeah, that's not a great sign when there's too many cooks stirring the pot.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

+ Reply to Thread