+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

I think I posted about him in Salmon Fishing in the Yemen when the show first started. He was in the movie a fair amount at the beginning and the end - I think he was 5th billed. He just looked different because of the haircut. While I love Ewan MacGregor, it wouldn't have even been a question between him and Tom Mison's character in that movie. He was also pretty dreamy in Lost in Austen.

That coat must be pretty ripe at this point. I understand wanting him in period costume, but it's getting distracting. I can't stop wishing they would show his clothes getting washed.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    "Paul Revere was a silversmith. He's the last person you'd want messing around in your mouth"
    LOL

I love the historical overlay. Very fascinating.

Or the other one. Talking about Paul Revere crying "The British are coming!", Crane said "Well, the colonists considered themselves British so that wouldn't have helped much, would it?" Great point! I never thought about that.

I also loved the look on the guide's face. "Did you just say 'we' "?
    MiaT2 and Katydyd like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Critical View Post
    That coat must be pretty ripe at this point. I understand wanting him in period costume, but it's getting distracting. I can't stop wishing they would show his clothes getting washed.
    Not sure if this is technically a spoiler, but just in case...

Click to see Spoiler:
    You'll be getting your wish before too long. There is an episode coming up where he takes his clothes to the dry cleaner But whatever will he wear while they are cleaning????
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    Not sure if this is technically a spoiler, but just in case...

Click to see Spoiler:
    You'll be getting your wish before too long. There is an episode coming up where he takes his clothes to the dry cleaner But whatever will he wear while they are cleaning????
    Nothing works for me.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

I just caught up on the most recent episode and I have a question...if they wanted to destroy the headless horseman's skull, why didn't they cremate it?? That would be better than breaking it up or crushing it. Also, I didn't notice them putting the skull in the UV light. Maybe they wanted to see if it worked on the rest of the body first and then do the skull after the horseman was gone to make sure he couldn't get ahold of his head, I don't know. And why did they lure him such a long distance to the lights?? They introduced so many places for their plans to go wrong by taking such a long route to get the horseman to the area where they set up the lights.
    scoot13 likes this.
    Current Pools: Face Off 7, Project Runway 13
    New Pools: DWTS 19, Registration deadline: September 22nd, Survivor 29, Registration deadline: October 1st,
    Amazing Race 25, Registration deadline: October 3rd

Quote Originally Posted by pikachu View Post
    I just caught up on the most recent episode and I have a question...if they wanted to destroy the headless horseman's skull, why didn't they cremate it?? That would be better than breaking it up or crushing it. Also, I didn't notice them putting the skull in the UV light. Maybe they wanted to see if it worked on the rest of the body first and then do the skull after the horseman was gone to make sure he couldn't get ahold of his head, I don't know. And why did they lure him such a long distance to the lights?? They introduced so many places for their plans to go wrong by taking such a long route to get the horseman to the area where they set up the lights.
    They even tried dissolving it in acid ... the skull is indestructible.

I know they were luring him to some special secret cell that the Masons had, so maybe there was no short way to get there? I like the guy who played the main Mason and was sorry to see him dead after one episode, but then previous characters have come back from death so perhaps we'll see him again.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I know they were luring him to some special secret cell that the Masons had, so maybe there was no short way to get there? I like the guy who played the main Mason and was sorry to see him dead after one episode, but then previous characters have come back from death so perhaps we'll see him again.
    Well considering he just got blown up on Grimm I don't know.

Heads up, while the show has been picked up for the 2014/2015 season the season one finale will be on January 20, 2014 at 8pm EST.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Heads up, while the show has been picked up for the 2014/2015 season the season one finale will be on January 20, 2014 at 8pm EST.
    That's just awful. I long for the good old days, when a series ran basically the entire school year, then reliably in reruns all summer. I don't need four or five "shifts" of shows; there's plenty of choice in terms of what to watch each day.

+ Reply to Thread