+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Luv the acting, the intensity, the relationships, the story then throw in the Free Masons, conspiracy theories and the apocalypse what's not to like.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Absolutely! This is the first time in years that I have watched fictional television shows. Normally I just stick to sports and reality shows. Oh my goodness, they've got some great shows this season, though. Sleepy Hollow is definitely one of them. I loved the whole "you need to forgive yourself" thing. And that was so brilliant having the man whom Ichabod thought he had wronged come back to say it. So much better than, say, having his partner lecture him about it. Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful.

I can't wait for this show to come out on DVD.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Yeah, the captain is now on board.

Anyone else think that Abbie's ex boyfriend's reaction to her follow up phone call was weird ... in fact I am kinda confused as to what all that meant???

Luv the flashbacks and the little historical corrections...still watching Ichabod defend Thomas Jefferson as a faithful husband was so cute. Tom Mison is totally owing his character and is delicious to watch.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Yeah, the captain is now on board.

Anyone else think that Abbie's ex boyfriend's reaction to her follow up phone call was weird ... in fact I am kinda confused as to what all that meant???

Luv the flashbacks and the little historical corrections...still watching Ichabod defend Thomas Jefferson as a faithful husband was so cute. Tom Mison is totally owing his character and is delicious to watch.

Jefferson was both faithful husband and Sally Heming's lover. Sally was actually Mrs. Jefferson's half-sister, born to her father and his own slave mistress. Sally was packed off with several of her siblings as a wedding present when Martha married Thomas. By all accounts, the Jefferson marriage was a loving one; Thomas was devastated when Martha died. Some historians believe that he took up with Sally a few years later because she resembled the late Martha. It's all quite a fascinating story and there have been some excellent books written on the subject.

I loved that scene where Crane was lecturing the museum guide. That was just too funny.
    Duckyface likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

"Paul Revere was a silversmith. He's the last person you'd want messing around in your mouth"
    LOL

I love the historical overlay. Very fascinating.

So, I was curious about Tom Mison (who in both looks and name could be kin to Falling Skies' Tom Mason! LOL). Of his CV, the only thing I recognized was Salmon Fishing in the Yemen which I have not seen so I really have nothing to base a comparison on. However, he looks sooooo much different, and younger, without the long hair and scruffy facial hair. The costuming/makeup and lighting on the show, really do help transform him into the man of the past. If I passed him on the street, I would not recognize him from the show.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    "Paul Revere was a silversmith. He's the last person you'd want messing around in your mouth"
    LOL

I love the historical overlay. Very fascinating.

So, I was curious about Tom Mison (who in both looks and name could be kin to Falling Skies' Tom Mason! LOL). Of his CV, the only thing I recognized was Salmon Fishing in the Yemen which I have not seen so I really have nothing to base a comparison on. However, he looks sooooo much different, and younger, without the long hair and scruffy facial hair. The costuming/makeup and lighting on the show, really do help transform him into the man of the past. If I passed him on the street, I would not recognize him from the show.
    I saw Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and I don't recognize him at all from that film.

Check out his IMDB Page You may recognize the character name.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    Check out his IMDB Page You may recognize the character name.
    Wow does he ever look different! I think I prefer him as Ichabod
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Aha... he played Emily Blunt's soldier boyfriend and you barely see him in the film that's why I didn't remember him.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Aha... he played Emily Blunt's soldier boyfriend and you barely see him in the film that's why I didn't remember him.
    Glad you warned me before I rented it (not hugely interested in the movie otherwise). It's amazing to me that such a good actor has so little film exposure (I know he has a lot of stage experience). I'm sure that will change soon!

+ Reply to Thread