+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    I know some people don't enjoy the revisionist history in this show, but when they said Ichabod came up with the idea for the Boston Tea Party, I cracked up. He's like the Forrest Gump of the 1700's.

I love this show! Glad to hear about the second season already.
    I think if a show like this is well done it just inspires folks to go look up about the events he is talking about and learn what really happened. I think it can be a good thing for folks to look stuff up for themselves instead of it being hand fed to them. It's a win win all around.
    waywyrd and pikachu like this.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I have three shows DVR'd and I can't wait!! I've been holding off all week, but I now have a great spooky weekend line-up: Sleepy Hollow, American Horror Story:Coven, and Witches of East End I'm so looking forward to finally watching Monday's Sleepy Hollow! But did I see this coming Monday is a repeat already?
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

Quote Originally Posted by Katydyd View Post
    I have three shows DVR'd and I can't wait!! I've been holding off all week, but I now have a great spooky weekend line-up: Sleepy Hollow, American Horror Story:Coven, and Witches of East End I'm so looking forward to finally watching Monday's Sleepy Hollow! But did I see this coming Monday is a repeat already?
    Fox is going to be giving the schedule over to the Baseball playoffs, so some of these shows will skip a week or two depending on how many games are necessary.

Catching up after a trip and still enjoying this!

As far as his clothes go, I think he looks great in his revolutionary garb, but it's been buried with him for over 200 years! They should be falling off him (there's an idea ) Perhaps, as my husband suggested, his wife put a spell on his clothes so she never had to wash or mend them.

I think they could give him some cool modern stuff. A nice denim jacket with a similar style to his current jacket, some motorcycle boots perhaps? Modern clothes are much more practical.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post

As far as his clothes go, I think he looks great in his revolutionary garb, but it's been buried with him for over 200 years! They should be falling off him (there's an idea ) Perhaps, as my husband suggested, his wife put a spell on his clothes so she never had to wash or mend them.

I think they could give him some cool modern stuff. A nice denim jacket with a similar style to his current jacket, some motorcycle boots perhaps? Modern clothes are much more practical.
    LOL!!

Didn't he and Abbie have a conversation about him getting new clothese last night? Didn't lead to anything, though.

Enjoyed the episode as always, but was bummed to see it's pre-empted til November! How could they skip Halloween week? (I know, baseball...)

Another good episode, I enjoy them tying in different legends and mythologies to Sleepy Hollow. I can't recall seeing the actor who plays Ichabod in anything else, but he sure is nice to look at.

Not at all happy about the preemption. Stupid baseball.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Can someone explain to me when the first (male) paramedic got sick and was in the hospital we saw him without a shirt and yet when Icabod became ill the hospital staff left that ratty old shirt on. WTH! That is so not fair.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post

Just the other day I saw in a catalog this cool jacket. It's loosely based on 19th century naval officer uniforms. Paired with nice tee shirt, some good jeans, and cool boots, and you've got yourself a stylin' dude. And since it's modern, it's washable.

Speaking of which, I bet Crane would have a blast looking at our modern washing machines. "You mean my wife doesn't have to labor for hours washing my clothes anymore?" Bingo!
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I don't know about new clothes being tougher....those old clothes held up through NOT being washed nearly as frequently as we do--a little dirt and sweat didn't rot them-or a lot of dirt and sweat, AND when they were washed the process was much more brutal than what we use. Boiled in water, beaten on stones, etc. When we lived in England 30 or so years ago now the good housewife still BOILED her clothes.

My son lived in Peru for awhile and had a woman who washed his clothes for him, in the river, on the rocks. When he got home you could practically see through his jeans! It was very hard on his clothes.

However, most clothes from 200 years + ago have rotted away, they were all natural fibers at the time, unless they have been properly preserved. Properly preserved probably does not include buried in the dirt.

+ Reply to Thread