+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

I enjoyed it and am looking forward to the next one. I have two complaints though:

1. Can they get the guy some new clothes? I mean those have been in the ground with him for how long? They didn't even get him new ones at the pysch hospital?

2. Can we cut out the dumb dialogue? Ichabod says he knows a way to get in to the basement across the street and they need to go to the basement of the building they're in. He then says "it's behind here", moves the shelving, says "they must have covered it up" and starts breaking the wall and she says "what are you doing?" Come on, she's supposed to be smart.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I guess she also left a sticky note about the toilet? Liked the doughnut hole response. And the taxes.

His clothes look cool, but it might help him blend if he were in more modern garb...

Loved the doughnut hole scene lol.

I didn't like the second episode as much as the first unfortunately. I hope they don't get too cheesy, as this episode was. Still a spooky show though! I do love the interaction between Ichabod and Abbie. Next week looks good with the introduction of her sister in to the mix. Tom Mison - damn this man is all kinds of yum!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I enjoyed last night more than the week before. The format reminded me of "The Night Stalker"--something evil is out there; our heroes vanquish it; and no one is the wiser. The captain just wanted to know the job was done.

Looks like next week will go back to the larger story, though.

The Sandman was scary but can't hold a candle to the demon in the woods....

Best Ever Pool Runner Angry Birds Champion, Rancho Ice Racer Champion pikachu's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    Ichabod was mighty cute...
    He sure was! Definitely a departure from the nerdy Ichabod Crane in Disney's Legend of Sleepy Hollow.

Woo Hoo!! Great news - this has already been picked up for season 2!
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

This episode with the Mohawk Sandman for some reason reminded me of the "Hush" episode of Buffy The Vampire Slayer and the Gentlemen.

But I thought was a big oops was using scorpions as part of a magic portion used by native Americans from New York State...that made no sense, I expected either snakes or perphaps spiders but scorpions in New York??? don't think so.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I saw the previews of this show during the summer and meant to watch it, but forgot. Hubby has the flu so I stayed home today to nurse him. In the "Fall TV" thread I saw people raving about this show, so I cranked through all three episodes on the internet. Am I naughty for preempting hubby's sports so I could catch up on my TV watching? He slept through most of it, but the little he saw, he liked.

As for me, I absolutely love it! It has become my favorite TV show. I admit, I was predisposed to like it. Back in the day, yours truly was member of The X-Files Appreciation Club at her university. So I loved the supernatural element look of the show. I also loved the fantasy look, since it reminded me of my other favorite show, Once Upon a Time (and soon Wonderland). Forget about living up to expectations, this show has blown them away!

I also love the British hero. I'm glad that they let him keep his Revolutionary outfit. Yeah, the poor guy probably needs to burn it. I think it makes him look sexier, though.

As a history buff, I love seeing how they work George Washington/the Revolution into the show. It's kind of like Abraham Lincoln, Vampire Hunter meets The Da Vinci Code meets The X-Files. For a geek like me, that's heaven.

And since I was raised in a religious household, I love the whole Horsemen of the Apocalypse thing because I can actually understand it. Every time Crane read something from Revelation in the pilot, I would cry "I know that!"
    SpringMaiden27 and Katydyd like this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Best opening scene ever listening to Icabod recount his love story and to find he is talking to an On Star (like) customer service; simply brilliant. That and when he told both girls to put their guns down. This show has some simply delicious pieces.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I know some people don't enjoy the revisionist history in this show, but when they said Ichabod came up with the idea for the Boston Tea Party, I cracked up. He's like the Forrest Gump of the 1700's.

I love this show! Glad to hear about the second season already.
    YorkieMom likes this.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread