+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 38 FirstFirst ... 2829303132333435363738
Like Tree321Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by LindaL100 View Post
    I beg to differ, and considering the horrible ratings S4 had, seems like the majority agree with me S4 has been universally panned by both fans and critics.
    It had horrible ratings because by season 4 people were fed up and quit watching, duh, that is not agreeing with you that is was a bad season just that few people were watching. Who cares about critics, as for the fans, the most vocal were still mad about Nicole B leaving and were still venting over that. Let it go. Season 4 was a massive improvement as it cut all the original Sleepy Hollow threads and started over again with a pretty decent and diverse cast with an interesting twist in regards to the new Witness. I liked the new team and it was interesting to watch them realize that monsters were real. There was a potential to have a pretty decent season 5 but mishandling of season 2 and 3 killed the show although the network did give the series a chance.
    No goat killers on my island.

Agreed about the people still upset about Nicole's departure, which I guess I understand, although that would mean they're bigger fans of Nicole than the show. For me, this show has always been about Tom Mison. HE'S the star. I liked his chemistry with Nicole and was surprised when she left, but it wasn't a deal breaker. I thought the show was terrible in season 3, so I thought maybe a shakeup would help the show hit the reset button. I liked the changes made - I'm a Janina Gavankar fan and have enjoyed her chemistry with TM. I'm disappointed that Fox didn't give the show more of a chance to catch back on again. It seems like they sort of set it adrift.
    Bearcata and Katydyd like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I watched season 1 because it was novel and the chemistry with everyone was great. Everyone. Not just Abbie and Crane. And it had some nice story arcs in there. Season 2 is where it lost me. Katrina was just too much and all the monsters. I tried. I really tried. But nah I just couldn't deal with that. Season 3 I barely watched. It was getting into supernatural things I just wasn't interested in. And then I stopped watching season 4 not because of the acting but because of the writing. I didn't understand this DC thing. It felt a little forced. It just wasn't that good anymore. I wish they could have kept up what they did in season 1 but they consistently kept changing the show and chipping away at what made it interesting in the first place to me.
    mika06, mesachick and LindaL100 like this.

Enough with the bickering. Everyone is entitled to their opinion here. You don't have to agree with it, but you DO have to respect it. We do have a "dead horse" rule here, so if you can't just state your opinion and move on, we'll start deleting posts or even issuing infractions. The passive aggressive and condescending stuff isn't going to fly here. Play nice.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Why was my reply deleted again? I don't believe I was rude nor did I insult anyone. I was merely explaining my reasons for disliking S4 and that whether it was good or not is subjective and everyone is entitled to their own opinions, I also mentioned that I respect other people's opinions even if I disagree with them. What's so wrong about that? I expressed my opinions in a civil manner, I never insulting anyone or be rude to them, so I don't understand why my replies were deleted.
    People change, love hurts, friends leave, things go wrong, but just remember that life goes on.

I'm disappointed about the cancellation because I think the new format was starting to find it's groove. The new cast were growing into their characters. I can see how some might think that Sleepy Hollow <> DC but in a way, it flows perfectly with Crane and his experience/knowledge of history. There is tons of lore about how much influence the freemasons had on the design and construction of the city, our money, all sorts of things. And I liked how they tied that into their supernatural monsters of the week and the larger arcs.

When the show was conceived, it probably was set up as an ensemble but the raging popularity of Tom Mison in his role, really did make him the breakout/unofficial even "star". Despite that, and the rumors about the treatment of Nicole Miller, the show did feature strong women characters who worked as equals to the "star"

Honestly, of the new format/cast, I think Alex was a weak character and her crush on Jake felt forced. Also, having the next witness be a child wasn't great but by the end of the season, they had resolved a way around that too. So I would have liked to see another season to really see if the new cast could make it work.
    Bearcata likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

+ Reply to Thread