+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast
Like Tree175Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Just watched the pilot, and I am hooked! Loved the setup, great cast, good chemistry, sufficiently creepy bad guy....but, no more John Cho. Boo!
    I agree about John Cho, but that actually was one of the things that made it good tv for me. Not Cho getting killed in particular, boo to that, but that people died that you didn't expect to. I like the unpredictability of it. I always hate it when you know exactly who might die and who won't. That's one of the things I liked about Lost, until it just got a little over the top with contorted story line, you never knew for sure who would live and who would die.

I really loved the pilot. At first I was kind of lost with it, but once I got to the end, plus seeing the season previews, I am really excited about the show. Now if it just won't get cancelled like so many freshman shows seem to have happen to them lately.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

For those who watch this show and were unhappy with the death of John Cho's character, I read that
    Click to see Spoiler:
    the pilot episode will not be the last you'll be seeing of Cho.

Don't know if that needed to go in spoilers, but I figured I won't take the chance.
    SpringMaiden27 and Katydyd like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I am not able to get into this for love nor money and I am disappointed. Oh well.....
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

And just tuned into the last half, but I see John Cho is back!

Apparently anyone can and will come back on this show. ;^)

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    I am not able to get into this for love nor money and I am disappointed. Oh well.....

I thought it was just me. I tried, cant do it.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    And just tuned into the last half, but I see John Cho is back!
    With one hell of a neck problem. Ouch!

I think I enjoyed this episode even more than the premiere. All the sticky notes she left Ichabod in the hotel room explaining how things worked had me laughing. Witches, ghosts, demons, all kinds of craziness - this is my kind of show!
    dzigner, PWS, Arielflies and 1 others like this.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

I haven't caught the second episode yet, but I'm intrigued by the first. I really like the direction they've taken this legend. Now it makes sense why the horseman is headless yet still rides. It will be interesting to see which townspeople are swayed by the demon and which can resist. I love that they are bringing black/white covens into the mix and I was sorry to see the ancient priest who guarded it all killed in the first episode. This is a good one!
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I liked last night well enough. The premiere was more unsettling (in a good way), IMHO. But the story will keep me watching.

Love Ichabod's lines and the delivery. All the ranting about taxes, etc., is funny but doesn't try to overshadow the plot.

+ Reply to Thread