+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

It's not for me. I'm not interested in seeing a rewrite and modernizing of Washington Irving or of Arthur Conan Doyle. I'll stick with the classics.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by inthegarden View Post
    Great post! It's a keeper on my DVR.
    Me too! I had pretty low expectations, but really liked it. I set the DVR to record the series.
    cablejockey likes this.

I really enjoyed it. I was so excited to see John Cho (one of my favorite asian actors ever, not to mention totally HOT!) but then...

♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫
    ~* stacerace76 *~
    ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ♫~Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ~♫

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    PWS likes this.

I am actually adding a new show to my tv watching. I have not done that in several years. I thoroughly enjoyed the show.
    There's no place like home!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Also sorry to see what happened with Cho. I was expecting him to be a major continuing character, given that he is fairly well known.
    stacerace76 likes this.

I enjoyed it a lot. I already had a crush on Tom Mison from Salmon Fishing in the Yemen and although he was pretty cute in Lost in Austen, he's much sexier in this.

I thought the two leads had good chemistry and I'm fine with the tweaks to the mythology. It's not like they did something stupid like made Ichabod Crane a woman or anything (Elementary, I'm looking at you). I thought it was clever and well done. Now we'll see if they can keep it up.

I'll definitely keep watching. Add yet another Monday night show that I have to catch OnDemand!
    waywyrd and stacerace76 like this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    It's not for me. I'm not interested in seeing a rewrite and modernizing of Washington Irving or of Arthur Conan Doyle. I'll stick with the classics.

If they had kept to the original story, it would have been a made for TV Movie & not an ongoing series.

I really enjoyed it too! I think that having too many and too "mysterious" storylines has ruined a few good shows so I'm hoping this won't go too far in that direction. I'm excited for the next one, and that hasn't happened much with new shows in the past few years!

I know what you guys mean about the DVR and OnDemand. I think Monday night is one of, if not the most, full nights of shows I watch. Once Grimm starts back up, I may see if I can hold off and watch these two together on Fridays. If I'm busy on Friday, I'll just watch Saturday...I'm too dang old to go out both nights of the weekend I still think they'd be a great pair...and somehow stuff is even better when I know I don't have to wake up and go to work the next day! Of course it could be the whole "wine and popcorn" thing that I save for my one "me night" each weekend
    waywyrd and SpringMaiden27 like this.
    "With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world."
    Desiderata

"I lost my dignity on a slippery wiener."

FORT Fogey

Just watched the pilot, and I am hooked! Loved the setup, great cast, good chemistry, sufficiently creepy bad guy....but, no more John Cho. Boo!

+ Reply to Thread