+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    Interesting. Then he ages rapidly doesn't he lol
    Well since he is a warlock he may have cast a glamour; a witches disguise spell.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I just wish we didn't have to wait 9 months to find out!!!
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I love the actors. I love the chemistry between them. I love that Ichabod is devoted to his wife and they aren't trying to make "sexually chemistry" between he and Abby. If you just watched TV you'd think that men and women can't possibly work together without lusting after each other. They are very important to each other and have a great relationship that is non sexual. I think that's awesome!

I do think the storylines have holes and things are forced (like the whole How can we make them need the sin eater, oh I know the rosary beads, of course the guy must have carried them to bury George Washington's zombie so they must have that information and they must have sin so therefore we can bring in the sin eater and decide that he can see where they buried him while he eats the sin or something) I love mystery. I love trying to figure things out, but come on, they are just trying to find a story to fit what they want to do and forcing things in to make it fit somehow. What I think they need to find a story and write around the story instead.
    PWS, ArchieComic Fan and Babbred like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Duckyface View Post
    I love the actors. I love the chemistry between them. I love that Ichabod is devoted to his wife and they aren't trying to make "sexually chemistry" between he and Abby. If you just watched TV you'd think that men and women can't possibly work together without lusting after each other. They are very important to each other and have a great relationship that is non sexual. I think that's awesome!

Amen. That was one reason I loved The X-Files, at least in the early seasons.

I do think the storylines have holes and things are forced (like the whole How can we make them need the sin eater, oh I know the rosary beads, of course the guy must have carried them to bury George Washington's zombie so they must have that information and they must have sin so therefore we can bring in the sin eater and decide that he can see where they buried him while he eats the sin or something) I love mystery. I love trying to figure things out, but come on, they are just trying to find a story to fit what they want to do and forcing things in to make it fit somehow. What I think they need to find a story and write around the story instead.

Again, amen. This "Lost" syndrome, where writers just seem to make it up as they go along, is getting really annoying.

As for the "big reveal," I didn't like it. It just didn't feel convincing to have a wise old man suddenly start talking like a psychopath. As I said above, I missed a couple of episodes in the fall. Therefore, I don't know if Jeremy's anger toward Katrina is legitimate or not. However, I distinctly remember see that epi where Crane finds out for the first time that he's a father. I also remember expressing displeasure here that the storylines had devolved to Crane looking for his lost son. Now, how in the flippin' heck can you go from that to having this old man express hatred for a man he never even knew? I mean, what was he told about his missing father? Was that ever shown? The only possible way to explain that would be to have Jeremy angry because he felt Crane had abandoned him and his mother. Didn't Crane leave Katrina at that plantation for safety? Maybe Jeremy felt that Crane should have stuck around instead. If that were the case, though, it should have been made a lot more clearer. Instead, the whole scene with Jeremy and Crane was just a muddled mess.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

I agree Babbred. There are way too many holes in this storyline for me. As has been said (by me lol) up thread a bit...

Crane was buried and *dead* and had no clue that Katrina was pregnant. Jeremy, as Parrish, watched Ichabod's pain at learning about his son, trying to find his son, and even helped relieved Jeremy's beloved doll of its pain. It makes absolutely no sense whatsoever for Jeremy to now turn on his father with such hatred. A muddled mess - I agree.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

I watched the whole season. I found the actors were engaging, but, too often I found the story writing muddled or just plain uninteresting. The finale was unmemorable for me
    Hurting you is the last thing I want to do... but it's still on the list

+ Reply to Thread