+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast
Like Tree125Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    Can somebody fill me in just a little? I remember that Katrina had a baby and that Crane was looking for his son. I must have missed an episode, though. What was all that about the coven putting a hex on him? Why was he dangerous?
    After Katrina had the baby (named "Jeremy"), she was targeted, so she gave her son to...erg...the couple that we met in an earlier episode. She escaped, and when the son was older, he accidentally burned down the house, killing the couple. He created a doll to be his companion, and one time, when a preacher was hitting him, Jeremy's blood dropped on the doll, which came to life and became his protector.

But Katrina's coven found Jeremy and entombed him (he had inherited his powers from Katrina, but without training, couldn't control them). (They showed the flashback in the episode.) And the doll had started looking for Jeremy (? I'm fuzzy here...all I remember is that the doll was that episode's bad guy). The coven was (also) still alive, and Ichabod, Henry, and Abbie found them at a carnival show. The doll came, there was a fight, Henry told Ichabod about the blood, Ichabod killed the doll, the coven died in a fire.

And yeah, finding out that Henry Parrish was Jeremy...that was really unexpected.
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd View Post
    How adorable was Ichabod when he was pouting for a newer cell phone? Damn this new technology, but, um...can I get an up-to-date phone?
    I heard a theory about why the writers had Abbie and Ichabod switch phones. It sounded like one of the funny little lines we love in this show. What if, since Ichabod has Abbie's smartphone, they end up finding him by using the "find my iphone" feature? Brilliant.
    waywyrd, football_chick and Brooks like this.
    When you have worn out your shoes, the strength of the shoe leather has passed into the fiber of your body. I measure your health by the number of shoes and hats and clothes you have worn out. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson

I was reading this yesterday and thought I'd share. The website go fug yourself did a 2part interview with some of the costume staff on Sleepy Hollow. The interview discusses the wardrobe choices for both Ichabod and Abbie, some of the challenges of costuming the show and a few tidbits on the show production and actors. Lots of behind the scene pics of costumes and the sets themselves. Make sure you read the interview and also click through the Gallery on each for all the pics and descriptions of each.

GFY Interview: “Sleepy Hollow” Costume Designer Kristin Burke, Part 1

GFY Interview: Sleepy Hollow Costume Designer Kristin Burke, Part 2

I found this quite interesting and hope you do too!
    football_chick likes this.
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Quote Originally Posted by MiaT2 View Post
    I was reading this yesterday and thought I'd share. The website go fug yourself did a 2part interview with some of the costume staff on Sleepy Hollow. The interview discusses the wardrobe choices for both Ichabod and Abbie, some of the challenges of costuming the show and a few tidbits on the show production and actors. Lots of behind the scene pics of costumes and the sets themselves. Make sure you read the interview and also click through the Gallery on each for all the pics and descriptions of each.

GFY Interview: “Sleepy Hollow” Costume Designer Kristin Burke, Part 1

GFY Interview: Sleepy Hollow Costume Designer Kristin Burke, Part 2

I found this quite interesting and hope you do too!

Thank you! That was cool. I loved something that the interviewer said. After the costume lady talked about all the detail they go into, the interviewer added,
    In all of this, we don’t want it to get lost that there’s someone whose job day in and day out is to touch Tom Mison.
    That must be one of the best jobs in Hollywood.

And Gemini, thanks for the recap. I must have seriously been out of it in the autumn. I vaguely remember the previews for the episode at the fairground, but somehow I never watched it.
    TripleGemini likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Finally got to watch my two hour tape--you all have pretty much covered anything I would have said, but I don't think anyone mentioned how nice it is to know that our hero now has a change of clothes that he's comfortable with!
    Freeze framed the previews....so obviously Abbie and Ichabod escape, but when Ichabod was running from the HH, I didn't see his wife slung over his saddle, so she must have been deposited somewhere, hopefully before being ravished by her rejected lover.

I wasn't a fan of Henry Parrish turning out to be Jeremy. I couldn't understand his anger towards his parents. Henry knew the whole story of what happened and why, so why couldn't he (as Jeremy) understand that everything that was done was for his safety. And Ichabod was supposedly dead - so why would he be mad at him? He wasn't around to even contribute to where Jeremy ended up. Bleh. I really love the show, but it lost me with this storyline as to me, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

Quote Originally Posted by mesachick View Post
    I wasn't a fan of Henry Parrish turning out to be Jeremy. I couldn't understand his anger towards his parents. Henry knew the whole story of what happened and why, so why couldn't he (as Jeremy) understand that everything that was done was for his safety. And Ichabod was supposedly dead - so why would he be mad at him? He wasn't around to even contribute to where Jeremy ended up. Bleh. I really love the show, but it lost me with this storyline as to me, it doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
    I totally agree. It just didn't make any sense at all. I could almost see, in a twisted sort of way why he would blame Katrina somewhat, but Ichabod didn't even know he existed until he was awakened in our time period. The writers really lost me on this one.
    PWS and Babbred like this.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I love the show, but the explanations for things, trying to fit everything to their story somehow, well the story is too forced for me. They need better writers STAT!

I know the storyline may not make sense to us but remember you have to look at is from his point of view....The way you perceive things as a child are at an emotional level that sticks with you for life and it is something very hard to fight with something as whimsical as logic. Also he was buried alive/dead for 2 hundred years, think perhaps Molluck didn't subtly whisper doubts into his mind? Don't you think perhaps Jeremy is a bit insane or had been??? I don't think the first thing Jeremy did after he was resurrected was go to a therapist to discuss his mommy and daddy issues.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

As old as Henry Parrish is - its not like he popped out of the ground yesterday. I agree he's probably a bit insane, but to be perfectly normal with Ichabod, to actually see the story unfold before Ichabod's eye's, to see how distraught Ichabod was during that whole time, and then to turn on him... sorry, does not compute.
    Ask me to show you poetry in motion, and I will show you a horse.

+ Reply to Thread