+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree141Likes

Thread: Sleepy Hollow

Re: Sleepy Hollow

The only part I liked about the long-lost son is Tom Mison's reaction--as usual, could have been horribly overplayed, but he got it spot-on for the time and place, I think.
    redsox girl likes this.

Yeah, Sleepy Hollow is back January 13 to prep us for the 2 hour season finale on January 20th. Beware the Apocalypse is coming.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

FORT Fogey

Tom Mison who plays Ichabod, was on Kelly & Michael today. He's a pretty cheeky fellow, and absolutely nothing like the character. I always find it more fascinating when the actor is not similar to the character they are portraying.

Looking forward to tonight's episode!
    redsox girl and Coco46 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post
    Tom Mison who plays Ichabod, was on Kelly & Michael today. He's a pretty cheeky fellow, and absolutely nothing like the character. I always find it more fascinating when the actor is not similar to the character they are portraying.

A few years ago I saw Hugh Laurie ("House") on the Jay Leno Show. It was so weird, because he was the complete opposite of his character. IRL, Laurie is very modest and self-effacing. I actually liked Laurie better than House.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

"One sign of the impending apocalypse is surely skinny jeans..."

Well he sure didn't stay in them for long, did he? That was a crazy episode.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    A few years ago I saw Hugh Laurie ("House") on the Jay Leno Show. It was so weird, because he was the complete opposite of his character. IRL, Laurie is very modest and self-effacing. I actually liked Laurie better than House.
    I used to watch "Blackadder" in the late '80s, and Huge Laurie was a recurring character--very silly, with lots of slapstick. I couldn't believe it when I first saw "House"; you could NOT imagine a more different character. He's such a great actor that I now associate him more with House!
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringMaiden27 View Post

The clip is on You Tube if anyone wants to see it (like I did).
    redsox girl likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by lizardcat View Post
    I used to watch "Blackadder" in the late '80s, and Huge Laurie was a recurring character--very silly, with lots of slapstick. I couldn't believe it when I first saw "House"; you could NOT imagine a more different character. He's such a great actor that I now associate him more with House!

For an even more surreal experience, check out the old "Jeeves and Wooster" TV show. Laurie plays Bertie Wooster, a likable but clueless young gentleman. Not only is Laurie a lot handsomer without all the facial hair, Wooster is diametrically opposite to House. When the latter show first premiered, I had a hard time wrapping my head around the fact that the same actor played both.
    redsox girl likes this.
    Maggie: "While she takes care of the men with the guns, why don't you sit down and I'll make you a nice, hot cup of tea?"

Pan Am stewardesses: prepared for anything!

Thidsshosw has done the almost impossible: perfect caIt's a fun ride. Sure we have to suspend our belief, but in this case it's acceptable. It's not irksome.
    The lines given to Minor in his observations on modern life are clever. even in the middle of battling evil at the carnival Crane had a witty, shocked reaction to the fun house mirror when he saw his reflection.
    " I have a simple outlook-leave every person I meet with a smile on their face."-Donny

Laurie as Wooster v. House was definitely a switch. Laurie is a terrific pianist so I was always thrilled to watch him play on either show.

The season finale next week appears to be two separate episodes. The police chief is going to have some 'splaining to do. (He has such bug eyes, I'm surprised it wasn't cast as an evil, or maybe that's still coming.)

+ Reply to Thread