+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall TV Shows 2013

CCL

Re: Fall TV Shows 2013

Watched Mom and liked it. Watched Shield and did not like it.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I've never been into shows like Agents of SHIELD so I won't be adding it to my already pretty full schedule. I don't think I made it through any of the Iron Man movies without falling asleep.

I didn't like Mom. Angry teen daughter, angry mom, wacky grandma - it's been done to death. I like Anna Faris and Allison Janney but not in this. I don't think I'll watch again.
    Have you done your Green deed for the day?

I wasn't keen on Trophy Wife. It was okay- I just don't seem to like comedies, except for Modern Family
    Coco46 likes this.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I watched Lucky 7 last night. From the previews, it looked like it could either be fun, interesting, or painful cliche. They apparently are going with painful cliche.
    The premier dragged something fierce. They were trying way too hard to set up backstories for the characters. Every one of them was a typical TV stereotype to the point of eyerolling corniness.

It looks like the show will be:
    Group of co-workers buy lottery ticket & win.
    Each one has a soap opera style sob story.
    No one has any sense.
    One by one they ruin their own lives because of their lottery winnings.
    All end up broke & miserable.

Like I said: Typical chiche.

I may watch one more episode just to make sure I don't bail out too early. Most of the characters seem likable enough. But if next week is same old/same old, I'm out & will watch Person of Interest instead of taping it.
    "Is this Heaven? No, it's Iowa. --Field of Dreams--"

I did not care much for Trophy Wife with done to death characters: Bratty kids, wife #1 uptight and bitter, Wife #2 totally nuts, Wife #3 on the ditzy side and trying to hard, and Dad is totally clueless. I love Marcia Gay Harden, but she's too good for this material.

Didn't particularly like Mom either for pretty much the same reaons ArchieComicFan cited. Two very good actress who leveled up their material, but I doubt I'll stay with it very long.

I found myself laughing out loud at Dads, which is probably the most politically incorrect scripted show around. Great, great cast. Martin Mull's character is the Archie Bunker of the 21st century. I doubt it will last because many people will be outraged at its content, but I felt it was done with humor and without malice.

I anticipate an early cancellation for Lucky 7. None of the characters reached me.

I will give Brooklyn Nine Nine a chance to get to me. I just love Andre Braugher.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

In short, I won't watch "Dads" nor "Mom" - to me, they both are painful and disrespectful to parents out there. I will concede they are original; however, I lost my Dad nearly a year ago and my Mom just recently finished chemo for cancer, so to see these irreverent shows' teasers I go "nope, I won't support them."

9/11/2001 NEVER FORGET. Eastcoastmom's Avatar

I'm bummed that the new Michael J. Fox show is opposite Grey's Anatomy. I've watched Grey's for so long that I don't really want to bail on it now, but I don't have a DVR.
    Fanny Mare likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Eastcoastmom View Post
    I'm bummed that the new Michael J. Fox show is opposite Grey's Anatomy. I've watched Grey's for so long that I don't really want to bail on it now, but I don't have a DVR.
    Michaels show was on tonight ECM ER is on Thursday- maybe your line up differs from ours. I couldn't live without our PVR
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

My husband loves Dads. It's ok, a lot of low ball humor in my opinion. I do enjoy the Brooklyn 99 show, I find it to be very funny and didn't expect that at all. I prefer the side characters to Andy Samberg's main character. The Blacklist kept my attention the entire episode and anything with James Spader is a win. I watched Moms and found myself trying to laugh, but it didn't do much for me. I will watch again and give it another chance. My hubby and I could not stop laughing at "The Goldbergs". So stupid but so funny, I think because it reminds me of my family, very dysfunctional. hahaha. Also caught "Back in the Game" with James Caan. Does he not play the same character in anything he does? It was ok... some funny parts, will probably watch again just to see if it keeps my interest. "Sleepy Hollow" is a must watch now, the first two episodes were fantastic. Cannot wait for Homeland, Revenge, TVD, Good Wife and Scandal to return.
    The Buffalo Bills Will Win A Superbowl Someday!!!

I didn't like Lucky 7 and agree that it will probably be cancelled early. Tried to watch MJF show because I like him, but it really didn't grab me. I will give it another chance though. I think they repeat it on Friday nights. The show I really like is Sleepy Hollow, which surprises me because normally I don't watch this genre. Some of the other new shows I haven't watched but have them taped.
    I only have a kitchen because it came with the house.

+ Reply to Thread