+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Fall TV Shows 2013

Re: Fall TV Shows 2013

Quote Originally Posted by Babbred View Post
    I didn't, but I love history so I read lots of books about it. I've read a biography and a novel about Mary, Queen of Scots and they were both very good. I just read an article today, ironically enough, that talked about this show. It said that Reign was basically just like every other teenage soap opera on CW, only with costumes. Therefore, I won't watch it, either. Mary's life was dramatic enough, she doesn't need invented suds and angst to make her story better.
    I got sucked in to watching Reign, and I hate it because I am not a 14 year old girl, which I know is the CW's target audience, but I cannot stop watching it. why, no idea. The historical inaccuracy borders on the ridiculous. I think the actual historical figures were 14 and 15 when they married and they are being portrayed as mature young adults. On CW's site there was actually debate on whether mary should have married Francis or his illegitimate half brother Sebastian "Bash". Lots of "if she marries Francis I am going to stop watching this show!" and the like. Hopefully this will not be renewed and I can have an hour a week next season for something more worthwhile

Rockytop - Don't feel bad. Both my DH and I watch Reign. And we can't stop either. I didn't plan on it. It's just that that's all there was at 9 on Thursdays. I actually think the chick who got Bash got a better deal
    Women are Angels.
    And when someone breaks our wings, we simply continue to fly...usually on a broomstick.
    We are flexible like that.

Reign did get renewed. Well, if you don't want to watch Reign on Thursday nights in the fall you could always watch Biggest Loser as it is moving to that night.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112