+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Bethenny

Re: Bethenny

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    You watch the show Fanny?? I can't waste an hour of my time or dvr space for this show. I used to love bethenny on RHWNJ but she changed so much once she got successful. She had it all yet it wasn't enough. She had the man, child & successful business yet she was still void of simple humanity. Hey it's her life/world and she is free to live it as she chooses. I choose to not watch her show or purchase any of her products. Her drinks are horrible & her body care line is in the discount stores.
    Sometimes, she isn't on my PVR. I never saw he RHWNJ.I don't know her drinks or body care line. She is fluff, just way too young for me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I was flipping through and caught the show.....and I'm watching now. She is a bit shrill, but I love her upbeat attitude. I think she's funny.....she just took her dress off and gave it to an audience member! She was wearing shapewear that looked like a LBD, so it wasn't scandalous.
    Imperfect1 likes this.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

Quote Originally Posted by JavaJo View Post
    I was flipping through and caught the show.....and I'm watching now. She is a bit shrill, but I love her upbeat attitude. I think she's funny.....she just took her dress off and gave it to an audience member! She was wearing shapewear that looked like a LBD, so it wasn't scandalous.
    I would wager to guess that was all planned in advance. Doesn't she have a line of shapewear?
    Some people dream of having a big swimming pool - with me it's closets."
    -Audrey Hepburn.

Quote Originally Posted by PA Snow Bunny View Post
    I would wager to guess that was all planned in advance. Doesn't she have a line of shapewear?
    She does, and the piece she was wearing was very pretty...lol.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

FORT Fogey

That kind of sums up my impression of Bethenny. She tries so hard to cultivate this "She's shocking! She'll say and do anything! She's so impulsive" image. But it comes across as so carefully planned that it's anything BUT impulsive. I don't believe she'll say or do anything. I believe that she'll do whatever it takes to keep the spotlight on herself. They're two different things.
    holly71 and PA Snow Bunny like this.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I've always gotten the impression, from the years of us seeing her on television, that she WOULD say or do anything. I've been left with the impression that she's had a different kind of upbringing. Of course, as a mother, you have to alter some things as you go along, but I'm guessing that Honey Boo-Boo's mother has even done that to a very minimal amount, so this should be no surprise.

I find Bethenny convincing, more so than not. It's just too much work to go at warp speed like she does, continuously, unless it is just part of who you are. Of course, YMMV.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

On the "Do or say anything" front, I'll compare Bethenny to Chrissy Tiegen, the model who just married John Legend. I think that Chrissy is TRULY a "will do or say anything" type woman. Her twitter feed is hilarious because you randomly get a series of tweets about the merits of various snack foods, a tirade about people on airplanes who irritate her, brutal comebacks and people who are harassing her, and various other things. In interviews, she owns the behavior, but it's brought up to her. She doesn't sit down for an interview saying "oh you know me - I just say anything!" With Bethenny on the other hand, she is constantly reminding people they never know what they will get with her. She tells people how she is, and then comes up with behavior to back it up. I think a woman like Chrissy is what Bethenny WANTS to be. But she spends so much time telling people that is who she is that I don't buy it. If it were genuine, then just showing it would be enough to be convincing.
    PA Snow Bunny likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by AcookerTV View Post
    That kind of sums up my impression of Bethenny. She tries so hard to cultivate this "She's shocking! She'll say and do anything! She's so impulsive" image. But it comes across as so carefully planned that it's anything BUT impulsive. I don't believe she'll say or do anything. I believe that she'll do whatever it takes to keep the spotlight on herself. They're two different things.
    Yes, this!! She has worn out ( for me) that ***look at me I am shocking***, already. I don't think she will last. I saw some of Queen Latifa and I was bored I managed a few more minutes with Dr. Phil .Way too many talk shows on, and nobody can beat Oprah, nobody.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I agree,,,too many talk shows.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

None of them can hold a candle to Oprah, because none of them seem to realize that they key to Oprah was that she was willing to put herself aside to let her guests shine. She had very defined set of principles that she wanted to get across through her guests, and that was certainly Oprah's message. But day to day on the show, she'd defer to the guest to make sure that the guest was the one shining the brightest. She was confident enough to know she looked good by having people on who looked better. Johnny Carson got that concept also. All the talk show hosts that you've mentioned, Bethenny front and center, are still looking at every guest booking in terms of how it showcases the host ... not the guest. That's why they are subpar. It's TOUGH to find a host who is willing to step aside and let someone else look better on his/her own show.

+ Reply to Thread