+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast
Like Tree71Likes

Thread: Bethenny

FORT Fogey

Re: Bethenny

I recorded Bethenny today because Carson Kressley was on and I adore him. I give her credit for improvement. The show didn't seem as "me, me, me" as it did in the beginning. She sucked me in enough to watch the rest of the show. A segment about a website that outs mistresses got heated, and therefore a little too trash TV. But lots of points of view were voiced ... Not just Bethenny. She is still far from the level of Ellen or Oprah. But she is improving.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Carson is adorable!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

It would be better if she did not try to book celebrities unless she can snag someone interesting, like Carson. J wow is just NOT a good guest. Build a good show by having unknown experts on to discuss topics of interest, with the audience, is one way to go. Learn to get control over your guests and slow down.

Have games with some audience members or guests, like guessing calories or multiple choice questions on trivia. I enjoy that on Hoda and Kathie Lee. Her producer is from Anderson Cooper, he needs to step in and change things. Cohosting with her would be something to consider. I don't think she is going to make another season so all of this is probably moot.
    Last edited by Shoepie; 12-14-2013 at 08:03 AM.

On the "family unfiltered" segment, did that blonde woman really call Santas reindeer "Donna"? I played it back twice and could have sworn I heard the same thing twice!!! Do people really say that???
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Bethenny said she was settling when she married Jason and that money should be main importance.

I do think Jason was inconsiderate in telling Bethenny that she was damaged goods. For sure Bethenny was fussy and she might always be. She might be best with non romantic relationships. Minus the multimillion dollar skinny girl deal we might have said that Jason was settling for a skinny girl that has parental issues, not exactly warm and fuzzy.

But who knows. Jason might have a long stream of women who had problems with him. In that case I would say Bethenny you go girl. Tell it like it is.

For us normal people i think what Patti Stanger said applies. Maybe not throw the spouse under the bus to heal yourself faster or feel bad about saying something negative that someone youwould just be happy to go on and lead himself a happy life.

I would have never thought Bethenny would have said that she settled....Interesting.
    You can do it!

I think many people "settle".....women, in particular..... when they marry. In this day and age, I just don't think getting married is the smartest game in town. There has GOT to be a better way......

FORT Fogey

Bethenny certainly didn't seem like a woman who was settling when they got married. That's the problem with documenting your entire dating relationship, engagement and wedding. I think Bethenny is making a huge mistake publicly declaring that she settled for Jason for a couple of reasons. First, becuse on her shows she gushed about how perfect he was for her, how happy they were etc, she is either telling her audience that she totally lied to them back then, or else she's lying to them now. Talk show hosts that lie to their audience (especially when they build an image around straight talk) are going to have problems. Second, when a marriage that involves children fails, I think both parents have to be VERY careful about what they say in the post-mortem, because of the message that gives to the kids. Bryn deserves to believe that she is the product of a relationship where her parents were completely in love, and she came along. Yes, down the road, things didn't work out, and that had nothing to do with her. But I think it tarnishes things for Bryn as well to declare that she settled for Bryn's dad (especially when the pregnancy came before the wedding ... leaving room for "my parents would never have gone through the pain of divorce had I not forced them to get married"). There was no reason for Bethenny to share this with the world, and way too many consequences for doing it.
    Lizard and AlwaysVeg like this.

I think that, "sometimes", you don't recognize what you've gotten yourself into until after you've been in it for a while. There is an old saying that "the darkest place is under the candlestick." I think we get all caught up in the IDEA that we can be willing to pass on what we might really know to be the case, in spite of ourselves. I think it's part of a personal maturing/growing process.....as in "to thine own self be true."

I don't think it's wrong to admit to making a mistake.
    Last edited by prhoshay; 01-08-2014 at 09:37 AM.

FORT Fogey

I totally agree with you Prhoshay, and I think that is exactly what happened with Bethenny. But getting caught up in the moment and making a mistake it takes you a while to recognize is not the same thing as settling. By claiming she settled now, I think that Bethenny is trying to avoid responsibility for making a mistake AND trying to hurt Jason. Both are ugly behaviors - especially trying to publicly hurt your daughter's father. Whether it's a lie or not, a girl Bryn's age deserves to belive that her mom and dad are the best two people on the earth.
    AlwaysVeg likes this.

You are right Acookertv.

When she was pregnant, she might have been over the moon that she did indeed finally get pregnant and had a decent man that was interested in her.

But all of us are right in saying that it is not something we would want to do again. Matchmaker Patti is smart in not marrying her current boyfriend. She could have been seduced by the trappings of a fairytale wedding....because right now this is the intention that her boyfriend is the one and only. So it looks like Patti is playing it wise. Many of us were seduced and it turned out to be the worst experience....but something we learned from.
    You can do it!

+ Reply to Thread