+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Broadchurch on BBC America

Broadchurch on BBC America

This is a new BBC crime/mystery show that is premiering on BBC America on Wednesday at 8/7. It does repeat several times during the week and I suspect that if it's successful, it will probably get a run on PBS in the future. The word of mouth is quite good and I'll definitely be taking a look. It showed to very good ratings in Britain this spring.

Fox is also supposed to be making a version of this show, but I don't watch American versions of British shows. I always enjoy the original.

Here's a link for anyone else who might be interested. http://tv.nytimes.com/2013/08/07/arts/television/broadchurch-a-dark-drama-arrives-on-bbc-america.html?partner=rss&emc=r ss
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Re: Broadchurch on BBC America

From what I've been able to see it's very good. I think Tennant and Darvill are excellent as well as the rest of the cast.

I agree too on the US versions of UK shows. I've only seen one decent one, and that was "Being Human." The only good pilot I've seen was the "Doctor Who" movie, but more for McGann, McCoy and the TARDIS than anything else (especially doing the horrid casting of Eric Roberts). They're about to do a THIRD remake of "The Tomorrow People" here in America. It probably will go the same way as the other two versions.

FORT Fogey

I'll be tuning in as well.

The DVR is set.

I watched last night and thought it was very good. I plan to keep watching and I agree about Tenant and Darvill. I'm eager to see how this develops as it seems clear there are several back stories that will be unfolding.

The only really good American version of a British tv show for me was All in the Family and that was forever ago.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I watched last night and thought it was very good. I plan to keep watching and I agree about Tenant and Darvill. I'm eager to see how this develops as it seems clear there are several back stories that will be unfolding.

The only really good American version of a British tv show for me was All in the Family and that was forever ago.
    Yes, that was pretty good .But Steptoe and Son was brilliant
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    Yes, that was pretty good .But Steptoe and Son was brilliant
    Yep, and it was much better IMO than the American version, Sanford and Son IMO. All In the Family was based on Til Death Us Do Part, but I don't think I ever found that one online. I'd love to see some episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    Yep, and it was much better IMO than the American version, Sanford and Son IMO. All In the Family was based on Til Death Us Do Part, but I don't think I ever found that one online. I'd love to see some episodes.
    Yes! that's what I was thinking about( sorry). Til death do us part. Omg I loved it
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

And, back to Broadchurch....

I loved it so much I watched it twice. DT is excellent, but I think Olivia Colman steals the show. I'm looking forward to seeing how the mystery unfolds.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Tennant is good though in the second episode there is a scene with Tennant and the father and I was so distracted by the random orangey-brown colour of Tennant's hair. I really like Olivia Colman.

Beautiful setting. Interesting characters. Nice to watch something set in modern Britain as it seems a lot of British shows I watch are set in the past (Downton, Merlin etc). I think we're ahead in Canada (they've aired two episodes here) so I don't want to say anything accidentally and spoil.

There's going to be a season two apparently.
    Last edited by CCL; 08-09-2013 at 01:31 PM.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast