+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Broadchurch on BBC America

Re: Broadchurch on BBC America

I kind of think they will pretty everyone up for the American version. The Brits are never afraid to have their actors look like regular people.
    Punkin and Fanny Mare like this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I kind of think they will pretty everyone up for the American version. The Brits are never afraid to have their actors look like regular people.
    That's for sure, they look like regular folk
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    That's for sure, they look like regular folk
    True. I should have appended, "if it's fits the role," to the end of my last sentence, but you got my drift.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

Finally got a chance to watch this series.... wow. It was so emotional, well written and acted. I came away with the moral of do not judge others or you will be judged. I did guess the killer in the 3rd to last episode. There was a look that gave it away. If I would have missed it, I wouldn't have known. Now, the reason was a whole different story, though I should have figured with the foreshadowing of the Susan Wright character. Be interesting to see how the US one does.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2 View Post
    Finally got a chance to watch this series.... wow. It was so emotional, well written and acted. I came away with the moral of do not judge others or you will be judged. I did guess the killer in the 3rd to last episode. There was a look that gave it away. If I would have missed it, I wouldn't have known. Now, the reason was a whole different story, though I should have figured with the foreshadowing of the Susan Wright character. Be interesting to see how the US one does.
    The US one We already know the story and who did it. I am not sure why they are doing it again -odd for me
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I'm probably wrong, but I thought they were changing the story and the perp in the U.S. version. I won't be watching it anyway; I rarely watch U.S. versions of British shows and am always disappointed when I do.

Quote Originally Posted by Fanny Mare View Post
    The US one We already know the story and who did it. I am not sure why they are doing it again -odd for me
    I read that they plan on changing it up, adding new characters, taking out others... I don't know. If Tennant wasn't involved in it I probably wouldn't watch, but I'll tune in at least the first epi to see if it is worth my time. Its just Broadchurch was so "perfect" as is.
    Florimel likes this.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678