+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Broadchurch on BBC America

CCL

Re: Broadchurch on BBC America

Quote Originally Posted by Kip View Post
    I'm wondering what they're going to do for a second season. Just how many murders can they have in a small town?
    *cough* Cabot Cove *cough*

But, seriously, I think the second season will have a lot about Ellie dealing with the ramifications of what happened, how people treat her now etc. And throwing herself into the job as an escape. I don't think she will move. The town wasn't that small but they did have it that having someone murdered was unusual. But maybe the force also deals with the larger county? Or maybe, as it's a tourist town, the next murder will be of a tourist.
    If you type "google" into google you can break the internet.

I'm so glad everyone else was as surprised by the reveal as I was! Okay, part of that is because I would have felt really stupid if everyone else guessed the ending and I didn't, but still The fact that they could keep viewers guessing all the way until the very end is a testament to how good the writing is. There are some murder mysteries on shows where the reveal is either super obvious OR I just don't care when they do reveal the murderer. This show was the complete opposite. Like I said upthread, it made total sense and, looking back I could see all of the little clues, but I didn't put it together at the time.

I really can't imagine another mystery that could top this one, but because that's not the only thing this show has going for it, I'm not concerned. I agree that, with such a small town, you can't keep killing people off. It'll start looking like at Agatha Christie movie! The acting and writing are just SO good that I'm excited to see what they're going to give us next season.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

I agree with Critical that as we look back, there were some subtle clues that made it a logical solution.

In addition to keeping us in suspense and fully invested throughout, I also thought it was the most devastating solution for just about all the villagers.

Do we know if there will be another season of Broadchurch? As I mentioned above the shows creators are set to do another police drama for BBC1 that I hope will turn up on BBC America.
    Punkin likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    I agree with Critical that as we look back, there were some subtle clues that made it a logical solution.

In addition to keeping us in suspense and fully invested throughout, I also thought it was the most devastating solution for just about all the villagers.

Do we know if there will be another season of Broadchurch?
    As I mentioned above the shows creators are set to do another police drama for BBC1 that I hope will turn up on BBC America.
    It got renewed by ITV in April before it aired on BBCA
    Florimel likes this.
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

CCL

Saw a bit in the news that said the lead detectives will be back but it will be set in another town (re Season 2).

And David Tennant will be reprising his role for an American remake of the show as well.
    libgirl2 and SpringMaiden27 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CCL View Post
    Saw a bit in the news that said the lead detectives will be back but it will be set in another town (re Season 2).

And David Tennant will be reprising his role for an American remake of the show as well.
    Oh , what good news, thank you!
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

I kind of suspected they'd be in another town for season 2. They could hardly go back there after everything that transpired plus it was kind of a small town for another big murder, I would think. The only thing that perplexes me is that the name of the town was Broadchurch. so I don't see how that title can apply to the new season. Not that I really care about that if the quality remains the same.

I'm not all that thrilled about an American remake even with David Tenant. As an American, I always prefer to watch the original set where it belongs and we never do British series anywhere near as well as they do.
    libgirl2 likes this.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I kind of suspected they'd be in another town for season 2. They could hardly go back there after everything that transpired plus it was kind of a small town for another big murder, I would think. The only thing that perplexes me is that the name of the town was Broadchurch. so I don't see how that title can apply to the new season. Not that I really care about that if the quality remains the same.

I'm not all that thrilled about an American remake even with David Tenant. As an American, I always prefer to watch the original set where it belongs and we never do British series anywhere near as well as they do.
    I agree, its never as good.
    The average dog is a nicer person than the average person
    -Andy Rooney-

CCL

Yes they said they were going to keep the name fir the second series despite the change in towns. Which makes sense, as that is what people know it as, and under another name people might be unaware it is the same show.

I'm not sure about an American remake. If it is the exact same plot except set in the US ... Well, I've already watched that show. If they tweak and change it...I'd probably watch the first one and judge then.

If anyone is interested, the 1st season of this show will be released on DVD on April 1.

+ Reply to Thread